· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Thread: 10 Gallon

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default 10 Gallon

0 Not allowed!
    What kind of fish should I put in a 10 gallon tank if I want a community topical fresh water tank?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Cheers! - Slaphppy7   

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    How many of those fish can I put in a 10 gallon aquarium?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Cheers! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    It depends on the fish or other stock in the tank, but you could start off with a 6 or 7 dwarf corydoras and 8 to 10 glowlight tetra. That's just one example.

Some really good beginner tetras would be pristella or bloodfin.

http://www.seriouslyfish.com/species...la-maxillaris/

http://www.seriouslyfish.com/species...arax-anisitsi/
    Last edited by Taurus; 03-27-2018 at 04:40 PM.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I was thinking about adding 6 zebra danios, one male one female fancy guppy, and maybe some shrimp, fish or frogs. Is that too much or can I fit more?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

4 Not allowed!
    Chances are if you keep one male and female guppy together, you're going to have a population explosion. Maybe think about just MALE guppies if you go that route. And I believe that the dwarf frogs do better in a tank of their own because small fish usually out compete them for food. I don't see a problem with danios and male guppies together. And if you're going the cherry shrimp route it might be best if they had a tank of their own, but there are plenty of people here who keep them with nano fish to small to eat them.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you!  Miss you at the forum. - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Silbar   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Silbar   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Silbar   

2 Not allowed!
    Ember tetras, celestrial pearl danios (CPD), cory habrosus and cory hastatus are good nano fish choices. My 10G has CPDs, cory habrosus, Ember tetras and Chili rasboras plus a few green neons and a few Sakura shrimp. I think my fish ate the shrimp fry and I only have 2 female adults left. I had a mystery snail in there for 2 years but it recently died.
    Sil's 2nd Time Around 75G...Journal
    Sil's 75G...Journal
    Sil's 20L...Journal
    Sil's 10G...Journal

RIP Deb, we miss you.

Real courage is moving forward when the outcome is uncertain~~Fortune Cookie

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you!  Miss you at the forum. - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Silbar   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Silbar   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Silbar   

4 Not allowed!
    Personally, I would prefer a 20L over a 10G. The only reason that I have a 10G is that it started out as a QT tank. Small tanks such as 5G and 10G are a bit harder to maintain the water quality stability than a larger tank (pH, etc). Especially if you are wanting to have a greater variety of fish in this tank I would suggest waiting for the Petco/PetSmart $1 per gallon sales that they offer a few times a year and get another 20G or a 20L. I do prefer the 20L over a 20G because it gives you a longer footprint. The $$ spent on the lids,heaters, etc are not that much more for than for a 20G/L tank vs a 10G. The 10G will limit your options but a 20G/L will give you more options.

Also, try the site www.AqAdvisor.com. You plug in your tank size, filter and select fish stock. It will give you a good beginner stat of the amount of filtration and stocking % you would have. I play around with it all the time. It will also tell you what is compatible, etc.
    Sil's 2nd Time Around 75G...Journal
    Sil's 75G...Journal
    Sil's 20L...Journal
    Sil's 10G...Journal

RIP Deb, we miss you.

Real courage is moving forward when the outcome is uncertain~~Fortune Cookie

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   

0 Not allowed!
    I have Amano Shrimp and Red Cherry Shrimp in with White Cloud Minnows in my 20-gallon high. Also, assorted snails that hitch-hiked in on plants. The minnows are schooling fish, and if you prefer tetras, the principle is the same. The only difference is that the White Clouds tolerate cooler water. They're also a nice looking fish. I've never known them to eat the Red Cherry Shrimp, especially the larger ones.
    20 gal. high: planted; 5 white cloud minnows, 4 golden White Clouds, several RCS, 2 blue shrimp, 5 Amano shrimp, several snails; Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 6 rosy barbs, 6 yellow glofish, 3 red glofish, 3 zebra danios, 5 white cloud minnows, 3 dojo loaches, 6 crimson spot rainbow fish, 12 large Amano Shrimp, several snails; AC110.