· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

Default My BW light is working again!

4 Not allowed!
    I'm so happy, my BW 1W LED driver started to make my light blink. It started blinking when it first turned on to blinking continuously. I had to remove the fixture since it was freaking out my fish and not accomplishing anything. Since I removed it, my tank is very low light, my rotala and stargrass started growing in much thinner. I rolled with it anyway, but today, I dug out my fixture again. It worked! I'm very happy because I love these lights as supplemental lighting, I have really good results with them for foreground growth and I can't get them anymore.

20180322_155210.jpg

So hopefully it will continue to work and I can update this pic in a couple weeks with the new growth. I moved all my plants from the 3rd breeder to this 33g tank. There will be fish in the tank for a year since this tank may have been infected with a parasite, but I'll watch my plants grow. I can also add some red plants now and harder to keep plants

The java fern is some kind of rare trident. I got a small piece of it from my LFS (he gave it to me in exchange for my last clown killi like 3/4 years ago. A slow grower, but it now 5x the size it was.
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 03-22-2018 at 08:11 PM.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    If it starts doing it again, you can get the info off of the driver and order a new one, they aren't hard to replace
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Awesome. I found a replacement on eBay for 40$. But if it happens again I'll ask for a cheaper source, tx!

BTW, I meant NO fish in this tank for a year or so.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

2 Not allowed!
    Awesome news about your light!
    It will be fun to play around with plants in here. Your JF is quite pretty.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by RiversGirl View Post
    Awesome news about your light!
    It will be fun to play around with plants in here. Your JF is quite pretty.
    Thank you!!! Yeah! That's the fern I posted a few years ago, I think it was in your journal haha. You wished it would do well for me :)
    I'll find out what type it is. I've spaced it out for more growth :)
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 03-22-2018 at 09:52 PM.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    It's Microsorium pteropus sp. (Trident Java Fern).

trident_java_fern_3_large.jpg

It will do much better with the added light and ferts I'm going to add, nothing drastic, just a bit of Comprehensive. The tank is dirted (old dirt, but still...) and some DIY Osmotote tabs in the substrate. When the light was working (and there were fish in the tank) the growth was totally different. I want to capture the transition (hopefully).
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    March 22, 2018 61423 PM EDT.jpg

The red arrow is pointing at some kind of aponogenton, I don't know if it will bounce back after the transfer, but I hope so because it will look nice in my future African tank. The blue arrow is a rubin sword I believe. I expect it to become redder. The yellow is some crypt balancea I just moved from the other tank. It really did nothing in the other tank either except get covered in algae. I'm hoping it will propagate in this tank
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Some more before pics of the tank
    20180322_204759.jpg20180322_204725.jpg20180322_204806.jpg

I revamped the trident java fern a bit
    20180322_204022.jpg

I've decided to start dosing Flourish Advance in this tank as well to kick start the finicky plants I moved.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    I'm very interested in following your plant experiments in here. Thanks for sharing your travels!
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a fish. - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Looking good. That Java Fern is also known as Needle Leaf Java Fern