· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For your patience with a fish-in cycle. - Slaphppy7   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

Default Woes of not having a QT tank. Help.. Fungus? :(

0 Not allowed!
    Continuation from my last post about vitamins and having two new sick fish in my tank. It's been a couple days and these two new ones are still kicking. Yet they aren't eating..one showed slight interest like a day ago, but not full fledged eating. The one that hasn't shown any interest at all stays in the cave full time. I have to keep peaking in there to see if he is still alive. But my new bigger problem, is the white spot has now gotten onto my big female black cory. Just last night I saw it for the first time. Today it is a little bigger. I took a low quality picture of it, if that helps. I can't have her die. I feel like it is fungus? I've done like 2 or 3 water changes in the past week, and will check my water again in a few. (it's established tank). When I returned one of the dead new fish, the pet store keeps saying my ph is low.. so i'll do a ph test and show you guys that too, because that is a little confusing for me with the two different tests. For now, while i do my tests, what is a good fungus medicine for corydoras (nothing else in tank)? I have amazon prime. thank you

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For your patience with a fish-in cycle. - Slaphppy7   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry forgot the poor quality picture. Hope this helps.. Both new sick fish had this white dot on their cheeks. My black cory is more noticeable due to color contrast. If not fungus than what? :( It doesn't look hairy or fuzzy
    sickprecious.jpg

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    PH Test, regular and high. Confuses me. The right one, has no hint of yellow, it is just a really really diluted looking green.
    Attachment 55150

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Hmmm I'm not sure. So you have seen this white patch on the new cories? Does it look the same? If you have more than one fish showing these spots, I doubt it is a true fungus. It kind of looks like dead tissue :( Most likely it would be something bacterial or viral. Sorry, I don't know what it is or the best way to treat cories. FYI I failed to save my Cory with fungus from an injury. He died rather quickly, I was surprised. I used Pimafix to no avail.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Just for the future, can you set up a Rubbermaid bin for a QT tank? A sponge filter seeded in the main tank is all you need for cories.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    Good suggestion ^

I'm sorry you are dealing with this and hope you do not lose your Cory.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks guys, I will definitely try to jerry rig a ghetto QT tank in the future, but this make me never want to add fish again lol. Both new cory had a little white dot on their cheeks, right between eye and gill, so not in the same spot as my black cory, but yes similar. The more active of the two just fished around for white worms with all the other cories, so that's a good sign, but he has that dot on his cheek, and one on each of his pectoral fins. The one that hides and doesn't come out for food only had it on his cheek, last time I saw it.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    My infected black cory was always the strongest and most hardy of all the other black ones. Never shy, inhaled food.. would be sad to see her possibly die in the future. She still hunted for worms, so we're not there YET.. but trying to figure out what I should get from Amazon. I have prazi pro and kordon rid ich. My paraguard ran out a week or two ago when I was trying to help the first ones that died. Have been using Melafix this past few days, but I think that has only a tiny bit left, and not enough for an actual dose.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pariss
    Thanks guys, I will definitely try to jerry rig a ghetto QT tank in the future, but this make me never want to add fish again lol.
    I feel your pain, trust me. I've gone through a bout of very bad luck myself and have already been burned. I definitely have a new strict QT procedure for new fish (from a reputable source) involving prophylactic treatment. But I'm not meaning to lecture, just give you some encouragement about adding new fish one day. I would love to help you when you're ready.

Anywho, your issue right now. I will page @Rocksor, he is very good at 'prescribing'

Could you possibly get a pic of the cory with the second white spot on its fins? All of the spots look the same? Like not hairy or fuzzy?

My gut is it's ok to use Prazipro since it's used as a preventative treatment in QT..... (waiting for 2nd opinion)
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 03-22-2018 at 09:36 PM.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    I'm uploading a video of it now to youtube so i can link it here. I was hoping Dr Rocksor would notice my post lol