· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Thread: Rosy loaches

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on winning the DT! - Silbar   Congrats on the Platy fry - Silbar   Congrats on the shrimp! - Silbar   I loved the vid - Silbar   sfsamm - Boundava   

Default Rosy loaches

0 Not allowed!
    Curious if anyone here has ever kept rosy loaches? I was cruising about the internet tonight and started thinking again about what little bottom fish I want in with my CPDs. I've been twiddling about on the three different little Cories as I really want something that for the most part stays in the bottom third of the tank.
    I found these and as I've not had a loach since I was a kid I really don't know anything about loaches in general even. Found out they are from the same lake as CPDs and now I'm super intrigued.... But I can't find much info on them. I think it would be neat to have my bottom fish from the same place natively as the CPDs. Not building a biotope, endler guppies and some cull neos and a variety of snails share their space which currently is also my grow out tank for the African tank so I'm a ways off anyway.
    They aren't like snakey loaches and stay super small which is perfect and from what I can find, which really isn't much. They are a bit reclusive (that's fine) and primarily bottom dwelling (perfect), and easy to get on dry foods (love it). But there's seriously very little info and even running through various forum posts no one really says much about them it's all kind of vague generic info.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - Hockey nut   Congrats on the baby Dupe - Silbar   No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Here's a video Rachel O'leary did on them sometime ago. I've been wanting these for a long time, but just have no place to add them --- yet. So cute, for a loach.
    She also has them on her current stock list for sale - http://msjinkzd.com/stocklist/ She wasn't shipping for a few weeks due to weather, so not sure if she's started up again.

Last edited by SueD; 03-22-2018 at 12:18 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on winning the DT! - Silbar   Congrats on the Platy fry - Silbar   Congrats on the shrimp! - Silbar   I loved the vid - Silbar   sfsamm - Boundava   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SueD View Post
    Here's a video Rachel O'leary did on them sometime ago. I've been wanting these for a long time, but just have no place to add them --- yet. So cute, for a loach.
    She also has them on her current stock list for sale - http://msjinkzd.com/stocklist/ She wasn't shipping for a few weeks due to weather, so not sure if she's started up again.

Oooo Thank You Sue!!! I hadn't even thought to search her videos! I should have thought of that lol. I will watch that this morning when I lie down for a ride bed, she should be a good source of info!

Ordering now for me would be sketchy too but I know she QTs prior to sale so they wouldn't have to sit quite so long in my QT before adding to the tank, just a few weeks for observation. So I might jump a lot earlier on them than I was planning lol and she might well have a couple other things I've been wanting to add to as well which would likely seal the deal on me ordering right away. Plus I'd rather ship cautiously cold than hot... Better odds of survival I think.

At least I've got a new heater for qt and just found some nice bushy dollar silk type plants that would be good for these reclusive bitties too.

I'm awful excited lol I need something negative about these guys to rein me in! I forsee too many projects at once :)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - Hockey nut   Congrats on the baby Dupe - Silbar   No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Rachel is especially great when it comes to nano fish. And as you mentioned, she's meticulous about quarantining. Also, she's very responsive to e-mails so if you have other questions that may not be answered in the video, I'm sure she'd be happy to provide answers. I know she's having surgery on a knee soon (can't remember just when) and she'll be out of commission for several weeks, so maybe drop her an e-mail and maybe get the little "push" you know you want.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Sorry, I'm out of milk...it went sour - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - RiversGirl   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    I like that they thrive in cooler water and with a wide pH range. They would do well in my tanks. Maybe in the 20, where I currently only have White Clouds, Amano and Red Cherry Shrimp, and some snails. These little guys would add extra color. The 20 is very heavily planted. Not so much the 65, though it's getting there.

As for my 65, I already have several reddish species in there -- Rosy Barbs, male and female Crimson Spot Rainbows and red glofish, so I already have enough reddish fish in that tank.

How would those little guys do with dojos?

Thanks for sharing this video. I wasn't even aware those tiny loaches exist.
    20 gal. high: planted; 5 white cloud minnows, 4 golden White Clouds, several RCS, 2 blue shrimp, 5 Amano shrimp, several snails; Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 6 rosy barbs, 6 yellow glofish, 3 red glofish, 3 zebra danios, 5 white cloud minnows, 3 dojo loaches, 6 crimson spot rainbow fish, 12 large Amano Shrimp, several snails; AC110.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Sorry, I'm out of milk...it went sour - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - RiversGirl   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    How would I find her e-mail address? I don't see any contact tab on her web pages, and I don't see an e-mail address for her -- only the URL that was posted here for her website. How would I contact her if I wished to?
    20 gal. high: planted; 5 white cloud minnows, 4 golden White Clouds, several RCS, 2 blue shrimp, 5 Amano shrimp, several snails; Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 6 rosy barbs, 6 yellow glofish, 3 red glofish, 3 zebra danios, 5 white cloud minnows, 3 dojo loaches, 6 crimson spot rainbow fish, 12 large Amano Shrimp, several snails; AC110.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mermaidwannabe View Post
    How would I find her e-mail address? I don't see any contact tab on her web pages, and I don't see an e-mail address for her -- only the URL that was posted here for her website. How would I contact her if I wished to?
    msjinkzd@gmail.com is her email :)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I'm pretty much sold on those guys but I have to wait, kiddo bday takes precedence and my upcoming travel would make it difficult to properly take care of newbies. I'd be very excited to see what you think if you pick some up. I'm pretty much sold on them if I can find them when I'm actually ready lol

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sfsamm View Post
    Thank you. These little fish might be worth looking into further.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sfsamm View Post
    You can also just use the form on her website under the tab "How to Order" to send inquiries.