· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

Default Flower Anemone Feeding

3 Not allowed!
    Was feeding my nems tonight. Thought some of you might enjoy the process.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    That's very cool.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks, Sue!

I love these guys. One of the things that's almost impossible to see in the video is how the little nem on the left eats. Instead of grabbing the food and shoving it in its mouth - like the big colorful one - it pushes its stomach out, which then sticks to the food and pulls it into the mouth. I think it has to do with the way the food lands on the nem. If the food hits the perimeter tentacles, the nem will pull it in with the tentacles. If the food lands on the oral disk near the mouth, it seems to just grab the food with its stomach.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    A second video showing the third anemone eating. You can clearly see how it pushes its stomach out to feed. Such a beautiful yet very odd creature.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

2 Not allowed!
    That is an interesting process to watch. Thanks for taking the time to capture it and show us.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Very cool! I have never seen that, thanks for sharing! What do the anomones eat? Looks like brine shrimp? I love your selection of music for the first nem feeding
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    My pleasure, Rivers!

These animals are fascinating to watch and have such wonderful colors. I wish I had gotten into SW a long time ago.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    Very cool! I have never seen that, thanks for sharing! What do the anomones eat? Looks like brine shrimp? I love your selection of music for the first nem
    Nems eat all sorts of meaty foods. The first video was straight mysis shrimp, the second video was mysis that had been soaked in Reef Roids (powdered food for corals). This weekend I want to pick up some fresh seafood which I can chop up into larger pieces (than the mysis) for the nems.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

for a fellow front lover - sailor   All the saltwater help! - squirt_12   Thanks! - squirt_12   For the million fish man - Lady Hobbs   Excellent puffer advice. - Brookfish   

1 Not allowed!
    Cool vids! How often do you feed them?
    African cichlid and saltwater aquariums

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Two or three times a week. I give them a couple of days to digest the foods.

I got some Sally’s Krill on Friday. Chopped some up yesterday and they gobbled it right down. I’m sure they appreciated having some food that was a bit more meaty than the little mysis shrimp.