· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Thread: Pellets

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default Pellets

0 Not allowed!
    Right now I've got a male betta fish and I'm feeding it Aqueon Betta food. The thing is that it comes in sinking pellets form, and I am worried that the little guy doesn't have the chance to eat any of the pellets before it sinking to the bottom. Is this something of concern?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy New Year - mommy1   Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA   Good Morning :-) - Taurus   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Just to let you know I'm thinking about you. Better things will come. - Taurus   
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - MCHRKiller   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - MCHRKiller   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MCHRKiller   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - MCHRKiller   Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - MCHRKiller   

1 Not allowed!
    If he is housed alone...he can travel to the bottom to eat. If he is housed with others you can just add extra food to ensure he is getting enough. If you are concerned about him not eating all of the food from the bottom decrease the amount you feed and add some trumpet snails.
    3x75 gallons|1x55 gallon|2x40 gallons

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I plan on buying a bowl for my betta tomorrow; right now he is just hanging out in the top corner of my 20 gallon tank.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Get at least a 3-5g bowl. Betta fish don't actually live in puddles in nature and get bored easily.
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 03-19-2018 at 08:31 PM.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

3 Not allowed!
    Why move him from a penthouse to a studio? Is he bothering or being bothered by other fish? I have had-currently have bettas in large community tanks with other fish (not bettas), they always do fine.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Also, make sure you have some kind of filtration and room for it. A sponge filter is good and a heater.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy New Year - mommy1   Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA   Good Morning :-) - Taurus   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Just to let you know I'm thinking about you. Better things will come. - Taurus   
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - MCHRKiller   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - MCHRKiller   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MCHRKiller   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - MCHRKiller   Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - MCHRKiller   

1 Not allowed!
    Ive got a betta in one of my 40Bs...he eats with the other fish and gets along quite well. There is no need to move him or worry about him eating specific "betta food" mine eats flakes, frozen, veggie pellets, NLS, whatever I toss in.
    3x75 gallons|1x55 gallon|2x40 gallons

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Congrats with the trivia contest! - Slaphppy7   Thanks for taking the time with my angel :) - angelcraze2   Congrats on winning the DT! - Silbar   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    As other members have said, bettas are adaptable and will feed off the bottom. The only issue might be if your gravel is
    large-grained enough for the pellets to sink between them and out of reach. If this is the case, an easy fix would be to have a little reptile food dish
    or other flat container below the area where you feed, to catch all the food.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    Also, make sure you have some kind of filtration and room for it. A sponge filter is good and a heater.
    I just learned betta fish aren't big fans of bubbles. They prefer the water to be still. So if you use a sponge filter, (which are great biological filters for small spaces) add a pile of rocks, a bunch of plants or some kind of decor piece to break up the flow. You can also get a flow adjuster with a knob and add it to your airline tubing.
    -Kat