Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    i got the 1.5 gal just for fry. in my main tank guppies and endlers

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    1.5 gal is just for fry. the main tank has guppies and endlers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    How are you filtering the 1.5G?

Other guppies and endlers probably won't eat her fry...I have endlers breeding in a 40G with much bigger fish, not of the fry have been eaten

The stress of being in the 1.5G may keep her from birthing the fry.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Oh boy, I agree with Slaphppy7, she needs to be in a cycled tank! Have you read about the nitrogen cycle? There are some stickies here at the site with good info
    http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492
    Pls have a look if you haven't seen it yet.

It's not easy to start up a QT tank and make sure it's safe for fish. Lots of testing and monitoring is required. It would be much better if you used a livebearer breeding box in the main tank (assuming it's cycled properly).
    61P5l5h1DoL._SL1000_.jpg
    You put the mama in the box when she's about to give birth, the fry fall through the slits at the bottom and hold them safe in the fry compartment.

Honestly, if she's hiding like that, I'd get her into the main tank ASAP.

What type of water conditioner do you use?
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    Angelcraze beat me to it, a breeder box or net in the main tank would be much better than the 1.5G; I'm betting the water conditions in that tiny tank are not "perfect", and she could be suffering from ammonia poisoning

What size is the main tank?

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    i have a breeder net and my 1.5 gal has a whisper 3i filteration system

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    What kind of test kit do you use?

Test the ammonia levels in the 1.5G

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    If you change out half the water each day in the small tank and add a drop of Prime water conditioner, she should be fine temporarily. A breeder net in the main tank, however, would be preferable. She could have her fry any day.

The Guppy Gestation Period
    The gestation period for guppies will vary based on the female's health, her stress level, and the conditions of her tank. Gestation may last from 21-30 days, although 22-26 days is average for most guppy pregnancies. A warmer tank - between 72-79 degrees Fahrenheit - is best for gestation and will keep the female from being pregnant too long. If she is stressed or feels there is danger, she may stay pregnant longer, although excessive stress can also shorten the gestation period and cause a miscarriage or spontaneous abortion. To protect the female during her pregnancy, the tank should be kept at a consistent temperature and cleaned regularly to avoid any illnesses that can affect the development of the fry or the success of the pregnancy. A healthy diet is also essential to ensure healthy guppy babies.

Guppies Giving Birth
    Toward the end of the gestation period, guppy breeders may choose to move the female into a birthing tank to protect the fry when they are born. A stressed or hungry female may eat her own fry, and guppy fry are a delicacy to many other fish. If a breeder has been able to keep track of the dates of the gestation period, it can be easy to know when to move the female to a birthing tank. However, it should be noted that doing so can also cause stress that might harm the parent or fry. When the female is ready to give birth, she may grow still and slow in the tank or seek out a solitary spot, but these are not always reliable indicators of the impending birth. It may take a few hours for the female to drop all the fry, and one drop can have as few as two to as many as 200 fry at once, although the average is for a female to give birth to 30-60 baby guppies with each pregnancy.Generally, the gestation period will take 26 to 31 days. When your female guppy is ready to give birth, her stomach will be very large and her gravid spot will be a deep black (or dark maroon if you are breeding albino or blond guppies.)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Healing vibes.  Read and rest your fingers! - RiversGirl   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! (USA) - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    I havnt found the parents to be a issue when it comes to eating fry.

Normally i leave the male and females with mine till she drops then take the males away then start again with the strain i want.

As for keeping then away from the parents in a small breeding tank i you can buy a hob breeder kit which takes water from the main tabk and going through box back into the tank.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

for you sick fish - mac   I'm sorry waylon!  Didn't mean at all to discredit you!  Sorry to hear of your crazy mean angelfish!  You taught me a lesson. - angelcraze2   For being a friendly memeber - mac   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   great job on figuring out your photos - bpete   

1 Not allowed!
    In my opinion, I think its always better to just add more hiding spots but I did want to add that there is a local breeder to me who uses 2.5s that he will fill with cycled water (and sponge filter) to isolate bulging mothers.
    My Aquarium Journals:

LiveBearer Aquascape