· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

Default Let's see your BN plecos!

1 Not allowed!
    I've always been intrigued by these plecos, as common as they are, they are great little plecos to keep. They eat algae, don't grow passed 5.5 inches, are pretty docile but can still hold their own. They are very easy to breed, they have a bioload, but not as much as larger plecos. The male grows this impressive bristle snout, almost looks alien to me, let's see some pics of your BN plecos!

It might help to sex these fish for somebody who is curious, so if you could include your plecos age, that would be helpful.

I'll start this thread off with a pic of my 4 year old female brown pleco.
    February 17, 2017 114317 AM EST.jpg
    She is in a 90g with another brown female and a brown male pleco. Both females breed with the male.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Since I just posted a pic of the large brown male I had in another thread, I'll post a belly pic here of the male albino I had that was breeding with a brown female. Both of these have since been sold. I've also posted a pic of some of the baby BNP's I had (a little fuzzy).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Wow Sue, he has a huge belly! Biggest pleco belly I've ever seen actually. Nice very long bristles on him too! Those babies are so cute, they look to be albino, were they?
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

2 Not allowed!
    A pic of Blondie, my female albino BNP, in the 29G tank.

I have another female BNP (L183) in the 40B, but she's very hard to get a pic of, hides most of the time...Blondie never hides

IMG_4947.jpg
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Aww she's so pretty, such a sweet face lol. Is she albino? She has a nice orange tint. Thanks for sharing :)
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

2 Not allowed!
    Yes, she's albino...loves to dig and make a mess in the sand, especially right after I fix it back, lol
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Hahaha, I'm pretty sure it was my plecos that dug at my underwater/underground cave, they dug new doors and collapsed the rocks holding the substrate back. I was told female amano shrimp dig, but I'm pretty sure it was the plecos. Lol, just like a cichlid.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

2 Not allowed!
    20170419_051329_HDR.jpg

20170419_051441_Burst01.jpg

20161008_154355_Burst01.jpg
    That's Ghost-when I had the 75 set up.

Here are his offspring-well some of them:

Attach01_10.jpg

I have Mrs. Muir-but don't have anything other than her baby shot.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/knDk6w4Nb5LEyKzz1
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Holy Moly look at those bellies lol! Very nice healthy looking babies too! I love the babies, they are so cute!
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a frontosa, to start your collection - Slaphppy7   4 the help - rookie   

2 Not allowed!
    Here's a few of mine.
    Attached Images Attached Images