· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

Default Flourish Advance experiment

2 Not allowed!
    So as I've mentioned a million times, I'm dealing with some kind of internal parasitic nematode in some of my tanks. One of the tanks is this one
    20180306_210146.jpg

I know, the plants are pathetic. I've had to replant the dwarf sag you can hardly see a few times due to algae stuck in the substrate. This tank will be dismantled soon and angels will be moving to a redone breeder tank but for now, I'm treating them in their tank they are used to. I have not seen an improvement since starting to dose with Comprehensive or adding Osmotote root tabs. While I'm treating the fish, I thought I'd test out this Flourish Advance. (Tx @Boundava)
    20180306_205839.jpg
    http://www.seachem.com/flourish-advance.php

The plants have trouble rooting for some reason in this tank, my Amazon swords melted 3 times in the glass pot.
    So a disaster of a planted tank, but I'm curious what daily doses of Advance will do, and documenting here for anyone to check out.

Day 1 was yesterday
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 03-07-2018 at 06:56 PM.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

2 Not allowed!
    Good luck with the experiment
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Love to see the changes with the plants. You can see my oops and the rebound in my tank here.

Can't wait to get some tanks up again.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boundava View Post
    Love to see the changes with the plants. You can see my oops and the rebound in my tank here.

Can't wait to get some tanks up again.
    Thank you, that's awesome. Your tank was so nice, so packed with plants! I saw your tank and Advance progress, but not that particular post. It's pretty cool, I was hesitant to use hormones, but for a short time I can't see a real problem, not like I'm growing out babies until this worm thing is over anyway, so I thought it would be the perfect time to test the product in this tank.

I have no idea what the problem is. The tank had been doing poorly since last year when my friend overfed and sent the tank off-balance. So we'll see...

I bet you can't wait to set up new tanks! I would not be able to watch my old vids without feeling that way. I get jealous of old pics of my tanks as it is. But since I will be dismantling my breeder tanks, I can set new tanks up as well :)
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Sorry the guppies didn't work out - Slaphppy7   T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7   Good luck with the 20L! - Slaphppy7   Good luck with the goldfish... - Slaphppy7   For being a goldfish's hero. - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    I am definitely going to follow this. Until today I had never seen Flourish Advance mentioned.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy New Year - mommy1   Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA   Good Morning :-) - Taurus   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Just to let you know I'm thinking about you. Better things will come. - Taurus   
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - MCHRKiller   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - MCHRKiller   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MCHRKiller   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - MCHRKiller   Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - MCHRKiller   

1 Not allowed!
    Im under the theory that tanks need a "restart" every few years where the substrate gets replaced or a killer cleaning and the tank gets a 90%+ WC. Ive never used the Flourish Advance...be itnerested to see what your results are.
    3x75 gallons|1x55 gallon|2x40 gallons

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post

I bet you can't wait to set up new tanks! I would not be able to watch my old vids without feeling that way. I get jealous of old pics of my tanks as it is. But since I will be dismantling my breeder tanks, I can set new tanks up as well :)
    Yeah, I get a little sad.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boundava View Post
    Yeah, I get a little sad.
    Awwww, I'm sorry you are sad. I meant that as a compliment. When you are ready to set up your tanks, they will be amazing, I really can't wait to see you start them up either, but pls don't be sad. I know you have all these plans, but as we all know these things take time.

You'll get there, in the meantime, you can plan, collect hardscape and get started on the basics.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHRKiller View Post
    Im under the theory that tanks need a "restart" every few years where the substrate gets replaced or a killer cleaning and the tank gets a 90%+ WC. Ive never used the Flourish Advance...be itnerested to see what your results are.
    Yeah, me too, especially with dirted tanks. (Although my dirted 90g is 4 years old and going strong with DIY tabs) This 33g tank is at least 3 years old. It's fully dirted and I believe I was running out of dirt when I set this one up, so a very shallow dirt bed. I've been wanting to redo these tanks for the last year. I have a chance now that I'm treating all my suspected infected angels in another tank, I'll have to move all the plants from the 3 into one, but I figured I can take a few weeks just to see with this one...
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    Awwww, I'm sorry you are sad. I meant that as a compliment. When you are ready to set up your tanks, they will be amazing, I really can't wait to see you start them up either, but pls don't be sad. I know you have all these plans, but as we all know these things take time.

You'll get there, in the meantime, you can plan, collect hardscape and get started on the basics.
    Thanks, my video just reminded me that I just lost my Mr. Man the stunted honey gourami, last week.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore