· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on the Platy fry - Silbar   Congrats on the shrimp! - Silbar   I loved the vid - Silbar   sfsamm - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Haha I also mix my own. I always bought premixed and immediately after I started mixing my own I was sold.
    Sorry about the eggs, hopefully they get the hang of it eventually!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    I thought about dry ferts, but I'm not into it atm I barely use it, so I'll stick with the ferts-for-dummies lol. But thanks for the input! Maybe next time when Thrive runs out....
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    I just like tinkering haha I have a whole cabinet full of different solutions that I’ve mixed up

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    @BluewaterBoof Oh and I just remembered, my manzanita DW is not spongy. It was algae growth.

But I did notice something very odd. The wood is 3 years old at least (probably more) and just now this week it decided to grow that mold/fungus stuff that shrimp eat. Idk that much about it, except that it's not toxic. What would cause it to grow now? Usually it appears when the wood is first added. Anyone know?
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    Hmmmmm, I have no idea. I've only experience driftwood snot with my spiderwood, not my Malasian, and it only lasted for maybe a week at most. I have no idea what would cause your Manzanita to suddenly develop it after all these years.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Doesn't it appear due to lack of competition from other bacteria...the beneficial filter bacteria? That's when i always get it. When I switched out pieces in established tanks I almost never got it except for tanks with little bioloads and spider-wood replacements.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Hmmm.....I have been feeding a bit more than usual the last 3 days (fenben food) but not near starting a cycle (I didn't think anyway). I feel it happened before I started feeding with Fenben. I treated with Levamisole 3 times, but I don't think that med compromises the cycle either. Two angelfish in a 33g is about 2/3 stocked. It only lasted a few days, it ended up in my water lettuce roots which I just sucked away with my siphon. I did add some heterotrophic bacteria for the first time in a while, trying to keep more consistent with it, but I did not observe any bacteria clouds at all or anything.

I'll look more into it though, seems to me something was upset like you say.
    -Kat