· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a fish. - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    That is a huge improvement. Once you have an established route system, your plants will do extremely well.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    So I'm doing my 3rd Levamisole treatment in this tank today. I forgot to add Advance yesterday, so I skipped it and for today since I won't be turning on the light today anyway. Just had to document the treatment day in here since I'm skipping two days. Also, I'm dosing for 20 gallons, not 33, and already have seen a difference. I may have missed a day or two as well. Oops, well this is a very non-scientific test on roots only. I'm curious to see how well the plants grow better with nicer roots
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

3 Not allowed!
    I forgot to dose Advance again today, I wasn't around, but I came home to this :)
    20180324_233103.jpg
    That's a pretty big spawn for her :) I hope that's a sign the Levamisole treatments are working. Well, really, I am only deworming as a precaution, I don't even know if this pair was ever infected. Better safe than sorry. I don't really want her laying eggs like that, but unless I break up the pair, she'll keep spawning. She might be like my gold pearlscale (her mother) and keep laying eggs no matter what. Her mother is still laying eggs in the 120g where she was transferred to.

She is defending the eggs against the male. He has eaten the eggs the last few spawns.
    20180324_232740.jpg
    I watched as the light turned off, and he immediately started eating the eggs (or pecking at them). I turned the light back on and he stopped just like my big platinum male did. So I decided if I wanted them to keep these eggs, the light stays on. No way I was leaving the bright Finnex beaming down 24/7, so I decided to add a pink tablecloth on top to dim it overnight. It's a good way to dim the light if you need one at night. He guarded the eggs with the female like nothing happened
    20180324_233220.jpg

Anyway, I hope this is dark enough not to cause algae issues
    20180324_232157.jpg
    I'll try it for tonight and see how it goes.
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 03-25-2018 at 04:00 AM.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a fish. - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Awesome, thats a decent size spawn

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Riyadh View Post
    Awesome, thats a decent size spawn
    Yay ! I hope that's a good sign that if they were infested with the internal worm that they are feeling better now. Her last 3 or 4 spawns were small and were eaten. The eggs are still there :)))
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I've done 3 Levamisole treatments 2 weeks apart in this tank, I'll be feeding Fenbenzadole for 3 days as further precaution.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    Congrats on the eggs and good thinking with the light.
    5.5g- Shrimp tanks
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    5g Salty Tank
    Fish room-*pending*

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room
    Salty Tank

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Thanks. I would certainly do that for the light on the future, such an easy way to dim it.

But someone ate the eggs yesterday anyway :( That's ok, I just want my adult fish to get better. I'll deal with the babies when it's time.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Eggs were eaten again day 2

I really suck. I have been forgetting to dose advance. I'll start again starting yesterday. I noticed some of the dwarf sag had lost their roots, but I'm still too rough with siphoning, so blame it on rough handling. I also noticed I have to keep up with additional fertilization which I've also been forgetting to add. I'm gonna try to find that Thrive fert that André brought to my attention since my flourish is all gone now.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    I think you'll be happy with it. Everyone on the FB groups loves that stuff and seems to be the most complete all-in-one fert. I still prefer to mix my own ferts using dry salts, but that's just because I'm a nerd like that haha