· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Aww :( I'm very sorry for your loss I'm sure it was meant to be, he was lucky to spend his days in your care, I really mean that despite how cliché that sounds. I know you are great with your gouramis. When you get your tank set up for them you can get nice male for the ladies. I'm going way in my own thread lol, but I've always liked gouramis, but never kept them. They really interest me, I love learning about them through your journals. I look forward to watching the new setups through your journals :)

As for the 33g tank, it looks the same today, so I'll update a pic in a couple days. No adverse effects anyway on fish or inverts.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on the Platy fry - Silbar   Congrats on the shrimp! - Silbar   I loved the vid - Silbar   sfsamm - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    I'd love to see advance work well for someone. I always heard good things but it didn't do the trick for me. It showed me what my deficiencies were lol and I cured them and then things took off, so I guess it probably did work I just had other issues to iron out and didn't get the growth others report. Maybe I should give it another go and see if my swords will take off now that they aren't getting beat up.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a fish. - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Awesome, keen to see the progress. I use flourish excel and it works decently.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sfsamm View Post
    I'd love to see advance work well for someone. I always heard good things but it didn't do the trick for me. It showed me what my deficiencies were lol and I cured them and then things took off, so I guess it probably did work I just had other issues to iron out and didn't get the growth others report. Maybe I should give it another go and see if my swords will take off now that they aren't getting beat up.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure the tank is lacking nutrients somehow as well. Not sure why it's sooooo different than the two other 33gs set up at the same time though. By far, this had been my worst tank ever for plant growth. It has to be either the shallow dirt bed or the Finnex Ray II, the other two tanks are just too much of a contrast. When the same plants won't grow in the same size tank, set up relatively the same at the same time with the same bioload, it has to be the light right?
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on the Platy fry - Silbar   Congrats on the shrimp! - Silbar   I loved the vid - Silbar   sfsamm - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Ultimately I decided my higher light was what ended up getting me deficient. Plants needed more nutrients as there was more light available and since the nutrients weren't there they basically flailed and didn't do anything lol.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

for you sick fish - mac   I'm sorry waylon!  Didn't mean at all to discredit you!  Sorry to hear of your crazy mean angelfish!  You taught me a lesson. - angelcraze2   For being a friendly memeber - mac   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   great job on figuring out your photos - bpete   

1 Not allowed!
    I'm excited to see how this turns out as well. There was a big jug of this for sale in our shop but I have never used it so I held off on buying it.
    My Aquarium Journals:

LiveBearer Aquascape

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sfsamm View Post
    Ultimately I decided my higher light was what ended up getting me deficient. Plants needed more nutrients as there was more light available and since the nutrients weren't there they basically flailed and didn't do anything lol.
    Honestly, I've suspected the same thing since I added that Finnex Ray II. The spectrum is an undesirable 7000k and PAR is pretty impressive with these fixtures. The other tanks are lower light. But I've been adding ferts with little improvement??? I'm going to increase the Flourish Comprehensive as well as add the Advance. I'm just tresting it for $#!+$ and giggles, I want to check the dwarf sag roots after a week or so.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Well it's been about a week, no noticeable changes to report, so I didn't take a full tank shot yet. But during my WC, a couple of dwarf sag pieces floated up like usual, but this time they both had new roots! Also the pieces that were in the substrate seem to be sturdier, and stay in place much better.
    20180313_125521.jpg

I know it doesn't look very impressive, but understand that none of my plants were growing roots for some reason, so those were not there before starting to dose with Advance.

So I'll have to say that Advance works to build a root system. I have yet to find out how new roots affect overall plant growth and if my plant leaves grow better and spread. As it was before dosing Advance, my plants would melt rather than grow.

I did notice some dwarf sag pieces that were buried, so new plants emerged from the substrate, but leaf growth is not really happening yet. Also the pathetic hygro angustifolia stem floated up too and it had little roots starting.

So far Advance is doing what it's supposed to do. Maybe not a magic fix, but I'm happy with it so far.

I'll get a new full tank shot because I added a couple more hygro angustifolia and rosanervig stems during the WC.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

2 Not allowed!
    Plant needs good roots prior to leaves, you are on your way to a great start for only a week.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Thanks Nat. Yep, that's what it explains on the bottle.

During the first ten to fourteen days after application, Flourish Advance works to stimulate root growth beneath the surface. After this initial induction period, significantly enhanced growth in the leaves and stems of the plants occur.
    I'm pretty excited to see what it does. Even though I'm taking this tank down, I still love testing this. Pretty cool.
    -Kat