· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Galaxy Phones

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

Default Galaxy Phones

0 Not allowed!
    I'm ready for a new cell phone and looking at the new Samsung Galaxy S9 or S9+. Currently have an iPhone 5S - a very small phone. So just wondering if there are any Galaxy phone users here and how satisfied you've been with your phone. Any die-hard iPhone users who want to weigh in on the iPhone X, feel free to express yourselves also.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Cheers! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    I'm in the market for a new phone as well, my 5c is out of date. I've come to depend on Apple Carplay for navigation but there's no way I'm paying $1,000 for a new phone (X). I like the prepaid plan I'm on so I usually just buy my phones outright but that's just too much. I did notice that S9 is a bit cheaper. I'm hoping Apple releases a new SE later in the year but I don't have my heart set on it. I do like a smaller phone...if I can't put the phone in my pocket, I'm going to leave it somewhere......

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Sorry the guppies didn't work out - Slaphppy7   T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7   Good luck with the 20L! - Slaphppy7   Good luck with the goldfish... - Slaphppy7   For being a goldfish's hero. - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    I have had an S3 and then upgraded to an S7 in December 2016 because my cell provider gave me a free 58" Samsung Smart TV as part of a promo for upgrading 2 phones right before Christmas.

I have been happy. Zero major issues, I like the expandable storage, internet connectivity has been fine. All in all I like them and will probably stick with them.

As for tablet size devices I do really like my iPad. So I am not anti iOS in anyway.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Cheers! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by labagility View Post
    As for tablet size devices I do really like my iPad. .
    Well, the iphones are getting bigger and bigger...I don't think it will be too long. The only reason Apple hasn't put phone capability in ipads is because they would sell way fewer devices...can't have that.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy New Year - mommy1   Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA   Good Morning :-) - Taurus   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Just to let you know I'm thinking about you. Better things will come. - Taurus   
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - MCHRKiller   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - MCHRKiller   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MCHRKiller   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - MCHRKiller   Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - MCHRKiller   

2 Not allowed!
    I currently have a Galaxy S7...Ive had it for maybe 2 years I guess....I like it. I was using apple for quite a few years prior to this...it works, it does what I need it to do, and I like the fact storage is expandable which is not the case with apple. I think apple has shot themselves in the foot by making it so that you cannot purchase unbranded/alternate brands to directly sync with their items. Id personally never own an apple again. But of course Im not one of those hooked to their phone people...I enjoy "losing" it on the weekends. Its a decent size...fits in my back pocket....I would imagine the S9 is pretty much the same.
    3x75 gallons|1x55 gallon|2x40 gallons

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    I have the S7, just got it last year on a promotion. I love the phone, but I'm big on the camera. I love it, it's much better than my S4. The only trouble I have is finding a screen protector that's compatible with a case. For some reason it's still hard to find a protector to fit the curved screen and you definitely want to protect that. All of my apple friends and family turned to Samsung now.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Thanks for all these comments. I think I will go with the Samsung Galaxy. It looks like the only difference between the S9 and S9+ is the size and the dual cameras on the S9+. All other features and systems seem to be the same so I'll just have to check the sizes and cameras when they're available. I'd like to see the actual phone first rather than just pre-ordering, which starts tomorrow. Size is going to be a big change for me considering how small the iPhone 5S is. I know my brother had the Galaxy S7 - which he liked - and upgraded to the S8 but didn't like the way it felt to him. So he traded with his son who still had the S7.

I do have a Galaxy S2 8" tablet as my eReader which replaced an older Nook reader. Haven't really used it for anything else but reading. Never even thought to use the camera on this.
    Last edited by SueD; 03-02-2018 at 01:22 AM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

nice loach setup! - James`   Have another Clownloach for your school :) - steeler58   Have another clown loach ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   

1 Not allowed!
    I've always have the Samsung notes. Currently have the note 8, love it.
    220g Frontosa tank.
    210g monster fish tank.
    125g planted wild altum tank
    55g grow out tank.
    29g quarantine tank.

Video of my 125
    https://youtu.be/-ELr8DgX4BY

Video of my 220.
    https://youtu.be/aqZU9NV-ykQ

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   

0 Not allowed!
    Just to put in my two cents worth, I don't like cell phones and I don't use them. Hubby has a Trac phone for emergencies, only. No internet, no texting, no games, no photographing -- just calling when absolutely needed. Nobody else has the number. He doesn't phone while driving. Half the places we go, he can't even get a signal. Cell phones are a pain. Just my two cents worth. Obviously, I can't make any recommendations for your new phone. People we know are aware that if they want to contact us, they can e-mail or use our land line. If we aren't home or can't pick up, they can leave a message. If it's urgent, one of us will pick up immediately, or get back to them ASAP. We screen our calls because a good 90% of them are phone solicitors or other junk calls.

A lot of fatal car wrecks happen because people are phoning or texting behind the wheel. Pedestrians don't watch where they're going, because they're always looking down at their phones. We had a near miss when a lady on her phone ran a red light while we were in an intersection, narrowly missing us.

Purse snatchers and other criminals welcome such inattentiveness. They're looking for people who aren't alert to their surroundings. People trip and fall and run into things because they aren't observing the real world around them.

This complicated technology may be convenient and even fun for many folks, but we can live without it. When I'm in someone's company, I want them to talk directly to me, not be distracted while I'm trying to communicate with them. We've seen couples walking hand in hand, texting each other instead of talking. Do they think, for one minute, that protects their privacy? Cell phone activity is some of the easiest to track. And, where is the intimacy? The sense of connectedness? How can one study facial expressions or body language when all they see is the screen on which they're typing, or reading a typed message? Each in his or her own little cyber world. What ever happened to looking into someone's eyes while speaking to them? And really listening -- hearing -- what they have to say? Too many today are missing out on such experiences, because they depend entirely too much on the technology.

Yeah, it's the wave of the future here in the present, and probably one day nobody will have land lines, anymore, or be able to get one installed. When that time comes, we'll manage to stay in touch with those who matter to us. There will still be ways for folks to reach us if they need to. There will always be ways.

Just spouting off, for what it's worth ... You can ignore this if you wish -- and good luck finding a new phone you enjoy. Not everyone feels as I do.
    20 gal. high: planted; 5 white cloud minnows, 4 golden White Clouds, several RCS, 2 blue shrimp, 5 Amano shrimp, several snails; Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 6 rosy barbs, 6 yellow glofish, 3 red glofish, 3 zebra danios, 5 white cloud minnows, 3 dojo loaches, 6 crimson spot rainbow fish, 12 large Amano Shrimp, several snails; AC110.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on the Platy fry - Silbar   Congrats on the shrimp! - Silbar   I loved the vid - Silbar   sfsamm - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    I've used galaxy phones since the original galaxy phone lol. I've tried other phones and never been pleased with them and detest apple. I'm definitely biased. And I just had my S7 turn up a weird issue couple days ago... Still won't speak poorly of them. Had the s7 since the week it came out. So, yeah, go with the galaxy phone. :)