· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Galaxy Phones

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For the Apple/Samsung shenanigans lol!  Seriously though, did I say something? If I did I really apologize. - angelcraze2   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    Whoa, touchy territory. Name bashing? Who are you referring to? I hope it wasn't me or someone here. I say it how it is, all of my friends and family have now switched to Samsung S except my in-laws who have special iconversations thru a messaging service for only iPhone. Literally everyone else has Samsung phones.

The OP wanted a referral for a phone, she had an Apple phone and was looking to possibly switch for her own reasons. I still have ipods and ipads, I just like my galaxy so much better but that's my opinion. I pondered the same thing when I switched to Samsung, so I thought I'd let her know my reasons for choosing Samsung over Apple. I certainly don't mean to name bash if I did it, (honestly I personally don't care that much about cell phones, just wanted to help), but I use Spotify for my music (the playlists are great) and love the large display screens of the galaxy phones. All my stereos still have ipod docks, but with wireless streaming or Bluetooth, that's not an issue anymore. I like android apps better as well. I use my phones for all my searches, pics, vids, to navigate The classic site of this forum...what more do I need?

I'm not glued to my phone like everybody else around me, and for the most part, I've found the fad has slowed down a bit, where ppl aren't quite as addicted to their phones, but it's still funny to me how much they are still a extended arm attachment and bothers me that the young generation hasn't experienced anything. It's not just because of cell phones, what's a kid to do anymore when everything is considered too dangerous?
    I was agreeing with your comment on Brand-bashing. That's all. Both are good. Sorry, just trying to have a conversation.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Monty View Post
    I was agreeing with your comment on Brand-bashing. That's all. Both are good. Sorry, just trying to have a conversation.
    Ahhhhh :( So sorry if I was sounding harsh! That's not how I saying it. I feel so bad.

I agree, both are good for their own reasons. Depends on what you want in your phone totally.

Just meant to question "name bashing"? I didn't know where it came from, if it was referring to this thread in particular or if I did it.
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 03-03-2018 at 05:42 PM.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    And I'm really sorry, I can't help but laugh at where this thread has gone.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For the Apple/Samsung shenanigans lol!  Seriously though, did I say something? If I did I really apologize. - angelcraze2   

1 Not allowed!
    Ahhhhh :( So sorry if I was sounding harsh! That's not how I saying it. I feel so bad.

I agree, both are good for their own reasons. Depends on what you want in your phone totally.

Just meant to question "name bashing"? I didn't know where it came from, if it was referring to this thread in particular or if I did it.
    Don't feel bad I should have been more specific. No worries!

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    And I'm really sorry, I can't help but laugh at where this thread has gone.
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Belated Birthday! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

2 Not allowed!
    From what I've read, there was no "name" bashing here, only a mention of "brand" bashing...it's all good.

For me, my next phone upgrade from my trusty flip-phone will be a Jitterbug!!
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    I think the confusion came from my post haha

I wasn't referring to anyone here when I mentioned brand bashing. It's something you see all the time on social media like FB, the whole Android vs iOS debate. The iPhone crowd gets hammered pretty good and accused of being stupid for buying inferior products just because they're trendy. Never owning an Android myself I've never understood the animosity. To me, one phone is like the next. I get iPhones because it's what I'm familiar with and I've never really had a reason to switch to anything. I don't mind trying new things, but with the ridiculous prices of phones nowadays I'm hesitant to drop nearly a grand on something I know nothing about haha

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on the Platy fry - Silbar   Congrats on the shrimp! - Silbar   I loved the vid - Silbar   sfsamm - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    I've just never been an apple person. Network engineer by degree and I still despise them, probably more so. I like being able to do whatever I want with any device and with Apple products there's 900 steps and then you still can't quite get what you want. At least that's my experience. It's been years since I've tried to do anything beyond simple network connections and VPN type setups with one. Been 4 years since even that. My best friend though is iWhatever and Apple all the way, I don't bash I just tell her she can't ask me for help lol
    Ultimately I think they are both good brands with great quality products and its just as much a preference as Windows or Mac... Or Linux, etc. Just experience and needs of the user being met to their satisfaction.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sfsamm View Post
    I've just never been an apple person. Network engineer by degree and I still despise them, probably more so. I like being able to do whatever I want with any device and with Apple products there's 900 steps and then you still can't quite get what you want. At least that's my experience. It's been years since I've tried to do anything beyond simple network connections and VPN type setups with one. Been 4 years since even that. My best friend though is iWhatever and Apple all the way, I don't bash I just tell her she can't ask me for help lol
    Ultimately I think they are both good brands with great quality products and its just as much a preference as Windows or Mac... Or Linux, etc. Just experience and needs of the user being met to their satisfaction.
    I'm IT as well, which is why I have been Android. More tools available for Android vs Apple. That's what does it from me. However, Apple makes a good product. It's comparing Apples to Androids. 🤣 Whatever works for the individual. I have noticed once you get monetarily invested into Apple it's harder to switch, since there are a lot more free Android apps. That, in my opinion, is one of the bigger caveats.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BluewaterBoof View Post
    I think the confusion came from my post haha

I wasn't referring to anyone here when I mentioned brand bashing. It's something you see all the time on social media like FB, the whole Android vs iOS debate. The iPhone crowd gets hammered pretty good and accused of being stupid for buying inferior products just because they're trendy. Never owning an Android myself I've never understood the animosity. To me, one phone is like the next. I get iPhones because it's what I'm familiar with and I've never really had a reason to switch to anything. I don't mind trying new things, but with the ridiculous prices of phones nowadays I'm hesitant to drop nearly a grand on something I know nothing about haha
    Phones are expensive, no matter what direction you go. They don't have to be...It's because they can. Lenovo has a handset (Android) in China that is more cost effective. But can't get it here in the US. I'd get one if I could.

And product bashing is, well, silly really. If everyone had the same phone innovation would cone to a standstill. Competition is good.

You decide what you are going to get?