· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a fish. - Slaphppy7   

Default What Next..........

4 Not allowed!
    I have so much on my plate at the moment. We are busy doing home renovations and then my wife asked me to get another aquarium to replace the long time sold 1.8m malawi setup.
    Great Idea I thought, then we discussed it as I have an empty 1.2m and I would like to try a heavy planted aquarium. She then suggests a 1.4m aquarium. LOL. anyways I find a 1.5m curved glass Heto in a fair condition for a good price.

Waiting patiently until I complete the walls in our living room.
    IMG-20180225-WA0015.jpg
    The 2 doors to the right should be able to house a custom sized sump of 60cm long x 25xcm wide x 40cm deep. I have to still get this done.
    In the mean time I have ordered and as I type this it has just been delivered
    JUWEL Phorax filter media
    Zetlight POKPO Aquarium Siphon Device 2500, I am not gonna drill the aquarium
    Seachem Flourite Dark. Hopefully I have enough substrate

I still need lighting, filterpump, water. Then more fish and lots of plants
    I am considering Led rgb/rgbw strips. Can anyone assist with this as I am not too sure if I can use just any
    DSC_0863.jpg I would like to attach it to the lid
    As far as fish go, I might do 2 schools of apistos with caves on opposite ends of the aquarium
    I also wanna house a huge school of rummy nose tetra.
    I would like some discuss, but I dont think I can house them with the apistos.
    Thats all for now, will update as there are changes

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on the Platy fry - Silbar   Congrats on the shrimp! - Silbar   I loved the vid - Silbar   sfsamm - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Sounds like it's going to turn into a quite stunning setup! I can't advise on products as I'm unfamiliar with what you've listed already but it seems you've done your research so I'm sure you're on the right track!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Riyadh View Post

I also wanna house a huge school of rummy nose tetra.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Cool, I tried to edit my post but dont know how,
    Anyway this is
    266232624.jpg Substrate for plants with all the beneficial nutrients
    483889286.jpg Creates a siphon to send water to a sump
    483889344.jpg
    fg_juwel_aquarium_Filtermedia_Phorax_theme(5)-l.jpgCharacteristics of JUWEL Phorax

• Reduces phosphate

• Slows down algae growth

• Promotes plant growth

• Suitable for use in freshwater and saltwater aquariums

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

for you sick fish - mac   I'm sorry waylon!  Didn't mean at all to discredit you!  Sorry to hear of your crazy mean angelfish!  You taught me a lesson. - angelcraze2   For being a friendly memeber - mac   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   great job on figuring out your photos - bpete   

1 Not allowed!
    The siphon looks really cool. I've never seen that product.
    My Aquarium Journals:

LiveBearer Aquascape

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

2 Not allowed!
    Looking good!

You don't need to reduce phosphates for a planted tank. Phosphorus is one of your main macro nutrients. If you strip them out with media then you'll be starving your plants of a very important element.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your luck has to get better... - Slaphppy7   positive wishes for your troubled tank! - SeaLady   Flowers to sooth you - lots of stress lately. - DebinWhitmore   You are the cycling queen - Silbar   your right ;-) - AmazonJoe   
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - cajunqn81   

0 Not allowed!
    Looking good...

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah, thanks, ordered it for future use. I have something else in mind. But thanks for the info.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    So yesterday I stopped at china mall over here. I had a look at some led strip lights in an aluminium housing with a plastic over it.
    Any advice on LED's?
    How many white lights, Red and Blue should I be using?
    I was thinking 2 white 1 red or 1 white and 1 white and red mic and 1 blue moonlight, not sure if this is correct.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on the Platy fry - Silbar   Congrats on the shrimp! - Silbar   I loved the vid - Silbar   sfsamm - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    What plants are you looking to grow? Lighting is kind of the gas pedal of a planted tank. Some plants have to have high light others can almost survive in the dark lol. Are you going to add co2?
    It's a pretty tall tank from the photo so getting light to the bottom will be more difficult.

I am not one to advise on lighting, I basically guess myself but I know the above info and a couple other bits I'll share. Red light is generally good thing but you don't need a ton and blue light penetrates deeper into a tank more easily where as red is hindered the fastest. Now what that means in choosing a light?? I buy well rated and well priced lights... I don't know if it's helpful or not. But it's about all I know.