· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mbuna tank

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    I don't think water changes will make a difference.

Copper-containing meds would kill them, but not sure if/how it would affect your cycle.
    Last edited by Slaphppy7; 02-28-2018 at 06:54 PM.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   My fish say thanks - KoryKat   

2 Not allowed!
    see if the worms survive the fishless cycle. You could add 1 tablespoon of salt per gallon and see if it does anything to them. Adding the salt will not affect the cycle.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksor View Post
    see if the worms survive the fishless cycle. You could add 1 tablespoon of salt per gallon and see if it does anything to them. Adding the salt will not affect the cycle.
    The tank is cycled. Producing nitrates now. when I add ammonia the ammonia level and the nitrite level is 0 the next day and the nitrate level increases . So done a water change yesterday and a tiny one today . Very cloudy tank though so either new tank syndrome or those pesky worms.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Hi everyone. Read appt about what I think the tiny worms are. free floating planiria worms. Harmless to aquatic life and human. Went and bought 9 mbuna today and they have eaten the lot. Can't see one worm in there. To the point even the ones that are right in the corners behind filters and heaters the mbuna have got in there and have eaten the lot. So I think now the problem has gone.Thanks all for your advice.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by lukewd85 View Post
    Hi everyone. Read appt about what I think the tiny worms are. free floating planiria worms. Harmless to aquatic life and human. Went and bought 9 mbuna today and they have eaten the lot. Can't see one worm in there. To the point even the ones that are right in the corners behind filters and heaters the mbuna have got in there and have eaten the lot. So I think now the problem has gone.Thanks all for your advice.
    Here are some pics.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Well that was an easy fix, glad to hear it.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Nice! Your tank looks wonderful :) Love the rocks!
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    Nice! Your tank looks wonderful :) Love the rocks!
    So happy they eat all the worms. They look so happy in there and water is testing great. Going to get a few more next week. Can't decide on what yet though. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks all again . Really appreciate it.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a fish. - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Awesome, was gonna say the malawi fish will eat them. They just about eat anyting!