· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

for you sick fish - mac   I'm sorry waylon!  Didn't mean at all to discredit you!  Sorry to hear of your crazy mean angelfish!  You taught me a lesson. - angelcraze2   For being a friendly memeber - mac   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   great job on figuring out your photos - bpete   

Default Creating batches of food all at one time.

0 Not allowed!
    My friend has been making a giant concoction of repashy, frozen food, and vita-chem for feeding. Is this a good way to go about feeding or should I be feeding isolated portions of each?
    My Aquarium Journals:

LiveBearer Aquascape

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Ahhh ya got me! - Trillianne   Restocking your pond - Trillianne   Rep Message:  Thanks for the giggle!  Am still snickering. - Rhaethe   A little less toxic! Lol - Kayfish   Thanks for the rep - Cliff   

1 Not allowed!
    As long as its tailored to the critters natural diet and checks all the boxes nutrient wise it should be fine.
    Who is "General Failure" and why is he reading my hard drive?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by waylon101 View Post
    My friend has been making a giant concoction of repashy, frozen food, and vita-chem for feeding. Is this a good way to go about feeding or should I be feeding isolated portions of each?
    Not clear what you mean about feeding isolated portions. Generally when one makes repashy its in a batch meant for multiple feedings. Refrigerate for a week, freeze for month(s) depending on how well you have it packed against freezer burn). Repashy is a compete food, meaning it can be your stand alone food, bonus with it is that you can customize it by adding in powdered/pelleted foods, freeze fried foods, dried garlic, dried nori, ...etc.

I just made a batch of morning wood and a combo batch of grub pie/supergreen and added some powdered bug bites, freeze dried )FD) krill, FD dried peas, and FD dried garlic. These foods are always a hit with all of my fish, shrimps and snails. Well except the fussy ones like bettas and the puffer.

I took a page from Rachael O' Leary and covered a 12" piece of cholla with the morning wood for my pleco tub. within 24 hours the whole thing was clean again and I had a 1/4" layer of the morning wood covering the whole length and 3/4 of the cholla-everything but the back.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

for you sick fish - mac   I'm sorry waylon!  Didn't mean at all to discredit you!  Sorry to hear of your crazy mean angelfish!  You taught me a lesson. - angelcraze2   For being a friendly memeber - mac   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   great job on figuring out your photos - bpete   

0 Not allowed!
    What I meant by isolated portions was just adding frozen food to a cup. He was suggesting frozen food in the repashy. Which is what I had a question on. So I should do just freeze dried and dried in the repashy?
    My Aquarium Journals:

LiveBearer Aquascape

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Well I guess you could defrost the frozen food and add it to the repashy, but why not just feed it in addition to the food. Besides it will add water and I don't like defrosting and then re-freezing or storing food in the fridge for a week.

A good varied diet would include meals of repashy, pellets, frozen/freeze dried foods and fresh foods like vegetable, maybe some shrimp (my corys and plecos love the medium cocktail shrimp, I just defrost in cold water, rinse and skewer or fork them and the fish go nuts.)

@Rocksor

Rocksor has made a lot more repashy than I have, he would have experience adding frozen food or why not to add it to the repashy. I just haven't done it for the reasons above.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   My fish say thanks - KoryKat   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by waylon101 View Post
    What I meant by isolated portions was just adding frozen food to a cup. He was suggesting frozen food in the repashy. Which is what I had a question on. So I should do just freeze dried and dried in the repashy?
    Never re-freeze food unless they have been cooked, bacteria issues and what not. I defrost frozen food on the counter, and then feed within the hour it defrosts. If I defrost the frozen food in the fridge, then I feed the food within 24 hours of fully defrosting in the fridge.

If using a gel mix, I use food that has never been frozen to be mixed in with the gel food. Frozen food adds extra water and messes up the consistency of the gel food. Everything I add to gel food is dry, except for the liquid binder.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksor View Post
    Never re-freeze food unless they have been cooked, bacteria issues and what not. I defrost frozen food on the counter, and then feed within the hour it defrosts. If I defrost the frozen food in the fridge, then I feed the food within 24 hours of fully defrosting in the fridge.

If using a gel mix, I use food that has never been frozen to be mixed in with the gel food. Frozen food adds extra water and messes up the consistency of the gel food. Everything I add to gel food is dry, except for the liquid binder.
    Awesome. That's what I was thinking but wanted to check to be sure.
    My Aquarium Journals:

LiveBearer Aquascape