· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    A bit of a set back. My gold/gold marble pair of angels spawned yesterday since I've been feeding so much. This is my pair that were still raising their young until 3 spawns ago. Hence my nemotode suspicion. Well, the eggs are still there today :) I did one Levamisole treatment in the tank less than 2 weeks ago, but I also got rid of the photoperiod siesta I added to combat algae because I don't feel the angels appreciated it. Anyway, I'm not sure I'll move this pair to my 120g now if they are going to raise their babies.

My gold pearlscale angel laid her eggs last week but the platinum male ate them as usual when the lights went out. I'm not hesitant to move this pair since it doesn't work out anyway (I don't blame him for eating the eggs, he is the very thin angel).
    I could move the other 4 angels and the pleco since they are either not breeding or egg-eaters anyway. I'm thinking about keeping the good pair in my best breeder tank and treating them in there since I don't want to break up the pair bond if they are going to continue to breed. Thoughts?

The other option is to move all 6 angelfish and see if I can raise the babies artificially. I've never tried in large tank like that. I'm just having trouble removing this pair because they are nice and protective of the eggs. It's nice to see again and I really don't want to lose that. The offspring usually go missing within a week of free-swimming, but maybe if I incorporate daily WCs there will be a difference this time.

So I think I'll only move the 4 angels and pleco, leave the gold/gold marble pair to breed and hopefully raise young. I know I'm all over the place, but my fish like to mess with me just when I think I've made a decision
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   My fish say thanks - KoryKat   

1 Not allowed!
    If your intent is for the parents to raise the fry, then leave them be, and concentrate on the fish you can treat at the moment.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    ^^yeah, I intend to breed them again when this is all over, so I think I'll leave them be to not lose that good parent bond. I really love this pair too, they look so good together.

Thanks for the opinion Rocksor :)
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 02-23-2018 at 06:12 PM.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Btw, I removed the 10 nerite snails from my 120g in intervals as I found them. I left the snails in a container overnight floating in the tank. The next morning I found this in the container. I threw it away without examining (it grossed me out), but what is this? It could have possibly fallen from the ceiling, but it wasn't there when I added the snails to the container. Not sure if it looks like a nemotode, but just in case, I took a photo
    20180222_200545.jpg
    And
    20180222_202239.jpg
    It did not move, I don't know if it was bendy
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your luck has to get better... - Slaphppy7   positive wishes for your troubled tank! - SeaLady   Flowers to sooth you - lots of stress lately. - DebinWhitmore   You are the cycling queen - Silbar   your right ;-) - AmazonJoe   
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - cajunqn81   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    I threw it away without examining (it grossed me out)
    I'm with you on that one!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunqn81 View Post
    I'm with you on that one!
    Hahaha, do you think that could have come out from the nerites? I read that snails and shrimp can carry these nemotodes, so I am QTing, treating and disinfecting EVERYTHING!
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Here are some closer shots
    20180223_213947.jpg
    20180223_214059.jpg
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I think I see white stringy poop for the first time. This is my male gold marble still in the breeder tank. They ate the eggs after two nights. Not a huge deal since I don't want babies to deworm, but it will make me feel better about the worms when they start being good parents again.

So what does it look like? The third is a shot of the poop falling off the fish.

Photo_2018-02-26_01-30-02_PM.jpg

It was very stringy and white at first, I wasn't really sure if it was poop or something organic off the bottom. Then it looked thicker and eventually was brown. Not sure if that means something. I've only done one Levamisole treatment so far in this tank. I plan to feed them Fenben when I get it and 2 more Levamisole treatments. This was the overly excited pair after the treatment.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    Here are some closer shots
    20180223_213947.jpg
    20180223_214059.jpg
    What in the heck?
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    What in the heck?
    Yeah WTH? It just appeared in there overnight. I had only the nerites in there. Possibly making progress to an ID?
    -Kat