· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Latest gifts & ribbons:

٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith   

Default Aquariumn Community tank With Corys

2 Not allowed!
    Hi folks i have an Aquariumn with Cardinals tetra Glowlights Black Neon and selection of different Corys, i have noticed that the Blue ones had got big and one day there were lots of eggs on the Glass,

I wasnt trying to breed them but anyway tonight when i was looking in my tank i had a really Small Cory in the tank is this normal in a Community Aquariumn ?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy New Year - mommy1   Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA   Good Morning :-) - Taurus   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Just to let you know I'm thinking about you. Better things will come. - Taurus   
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - MCHRKiller   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - MCHRKiller   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MCHRKiller   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - MCHRKiller   Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - MCHRKiller   

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, it shows your tank is healthy and the fish like the conditions you are providing for them.
    3x75 gallons|2x55 gallons|3x50 gallons|1x47 gallon|2x40 gallons

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

So sorry, RIP Big Blue - Slaphppy7   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   You will win this battle against the nematodes. - RiversGirl   teacher/friend - marc4   

3 Not allowed!
    He's a lucky little guy :) He avoided being prey until he was large enough not to be regarded as food. It sometimes depends on what type of tankmates they have. You can remove the eggs gently with a razor blade and transfer them to a grow out tank if you'd like to give them a better chance at survival. All that is required is a small 5g cycled tank with a simple cheap sponge filter. You can return the cory babies to the main tank when they are big enough not to be eaten by the other fish in the community.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Latest gifts & ribbons:

٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    He's a lucky little guy :) He avoided being prey until he was large enough not to be regarded as food. It sometimes depends on what type of tankmates they have. You can remove the eggs gently with a razor blade and transfer them to a grow out tank if you'd like to give them a better chance at survival. All that is required is a small 5g cycled tank with a simple cheap sponge filter. You can return the cory babies to the main tank when they are big enough not to be eaten by the other fish in the community.
    i must do that the next time do u have to feed them anything ? funny enough i have two Siamese algae-eater quite big ?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

So sorry, RIP Big Blue - Slaphppy7   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   You will win this battle against the nematodes. - RiversGirl   teacher/friend - marc4   

1 Not allowed!
    You feed the fry when the egg-sack is consumed. When they are swimming freely, they can be fed microworms, baby brine shrimp or powdered fish foods. I sometimes crush up New Life Spectrum grow pellets. Siphon the bottom of the tank daily and change out 50% of the water to get the best growth rate and healthy conditions. I say 50% because that's easy to do in a small tank.
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 02-14-2018 at 09:33 PM.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat