· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Cheers! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    @MCHRKiller the full tank picture or video of the new 47 is overdue...just sayin

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy New Year - mommy1   Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA   Good Morning :-) - Taurus   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Just to let you know I'm thinking about you. Better things will come. - Taurus   
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - MCHRKiller   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - MCHRKiller   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MCHRKiller   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - MCHRKiller   Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - MCHRKiller   

1 Not allowed!
    It really is....I started my new job and just havent really had the time. Not to mention the tank is still basically tea. Ive never seen manzanita leach like this or really at all.
    3x75 gallons|1x55 gallon|2x40 gallons

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Cheers! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHRKiller View Post
    It really is....I started my new job and just havent really had the time.
    Very understandable Jenn, no worries.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy New Year - mommy1   Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA   Good Morning :-) - Taurus   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Just to let you know I'm thinking about you. Better things will come. - Taurus   
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - MCHRKiller   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - MCHRKiller   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MCHRKiller   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - MCHRKiller   Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - MCHRKiller   

0 Not allowed!
    An update for everyone...unfortunately life has taken a very severe turn south so to say. I am in the process of divorce and am looking to move into a new place sometime over the next few months. I have an offer in on a condo very close to my work(well wishes appreciated)...unfortunately this means that I must get rid of all of my livestock and get my tanks broken down/sold prior to the move. For the 2nd time in the last 6 years I will be fishless and moving.

Should I get this condo *fingers crossed x10* I will not be able to keep the volume of fish which I have now or have a true dedicated fish room. However in true addict form I wont be out of the hobby long and plan to keep atleast my 3x75Gs and 2x40Bs....and maybe a 55G. So Im still a lunatic....but I will be making use of my titan double stands to save space. This however is very sad as I have an amazing collection of fish...but also exciting as I will be able to rebuild with new fish and keep things which I have not kept before. No worries...I will still get an Astronotus species of some form, I just wouldnt be me without an "Oscar".

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a fish. - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Thats Sad, but all the best with your new life.
    Have you considered tall stands, that way you can keep you tanks, and still have furniture below. Then again, I dunno how big you tans are!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Yes all of this sucks to say the least, unfortunately it is all out of my control and no real use in moaning about it. I can either view it as a positive or a negative. lol

My Titan Stands hold 2 tanks...I could put 2x75s on one stand, and 2x40Bs on one stand and then have a nicer display 75G in the main living space since I did buy an actual nice stand for it. lol I can stick a 55G on a dresser and call it a day. So I can still have a fairly large amount of aquariums and only tank up the space of 3.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

2 Not allowed!
    Jenn, been missing you here, it's been a while since you posted...now I understand why.

My condolences with the breakup, but you always seem to have a positive attitude no matter what life throws at you, so I am confident you will be just fine....if not soon, eventually anyway

Also sad all of the fish have to go, but as you say, change and new beginnings are what you make of them.

Best of luck to you throughout all of this.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    The last 2 months have honestly about done me in...I took a job as a crisis counselor and have been in crisis myself since. In many regards I feel like I have lost everything but Im still alive and maybe this time next year it will all be worth it.

A friend has offered to temporarily house my Jaguar and Midas....which are my favorites and the likelihood of them finding a home is nil. Unfortunately my 9" female midas will be forced into a 20G high and my 14" Jaguar will be in a 3ft 50G for a few weeks. They are tough as hell fish so I am sure they will be able to survive a few weeks in drastically less than ideal conditions.

I have worked most of the day to find homes for the rest of my crew...and have managed to find passable housing for them. My male black belt and female Syn are going to a 90G with a pleco, Sally is going to an empty 55G, and my Severums, silver dollars and tinfoils are going to a 75G. The smaller cichlids are all going to someone with an established 125G. This does make it a bit easier to know...they have a chance to live out their lives.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Jenn, been missing you here, it's been a while since you posted...now I understand why. My condolences with the breakup, but you always seem to have a positive attitude no matter what life throws at you, so I am confident you will be just fine....if not soon, eventually anyway....Also sad all of the fish have to go, but as you say, change and new beginnings are what you make of them. Best of luck to you throughout all of this.
    Wow Jenn, what a curve ball. I don't think I could have said it any better than Matt already has. I'll just add that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you Taurus! Yes a very unexpected curve ball...nothing which I expected or saw coming.

It was incredibly difficult parting with fish this afternoon...admittedly I did shed a few tears over them. I will be parting with the remainder I am having to move along tomorrow or the day after. I will be left with schooling fish(barbs of various sorts and BNs) which I hope to build a planted community tank out of in the future. I will of course have my Midas and Jaguar. Which will leave me an empty 40B and 2 empty 75Gs to play with in the future. One of those 75s will of course go to an Oscar...the other...Im thinking some Tapajos and a male Rotkeil. The remaining empty 40B...hell who knows maybe Ill come up with grand scheme of something cool...but it has to be a cichlid.

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast