· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHRKiller View Post
    Awesome, thank you! It always amazes me that more people don't keep these types of fish. They are much more interactive...and "pet like" than schooling fish or smaller fish. They tend to have more defined personalities if you will than other types of fish IME. And really....many of them arent even that aggressive. I guess in a way I don't understand keeping tanks of only schooling fish without a main attraction centerpiece fish. Although I guess a lot of folks think its weird devoting a somewhat decent sized tank to a single fish
    I agree. I always loved cichlids, even the tiny ones have a ton of personality. I haven't tried anything bigger or more aggressive than angels or kribensis though. For you with all the space with tanks, it's easier. Space or a significant other that puts up with fish tanks I'll enjoy them vicariously through your journal for now, but I seriously gave keeping larger fish a consideration for my 90g or 120g tank one day. They are such awesome fish :)
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy New Year - mommy1   Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA   Good Morning :-) - Taurus   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Just to let you know I'm thinking about you. Better things will come. - Taurus   
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - MCHRKiller   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - MCHRKiller   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MCHRKiller   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - MCHRKiller   Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - MCHRKiller   

1 Not allowed!
    Yes pics to come at some point this week. Water is still cloudy from the sand...as I dont rinse it.

Space is something...we are in need of more. Our house I will say does maximize what space it does have however I could do with a few more closets. However the way I am able to have the amount of tanks that I do is that the next to the largest bedroom is wall to wall aquariums. The master bedroom also has 2 of the 50s and the smallest spare bedroom has a 55G and a 40B. If you didnt dig deeper into the house youd think the only tank we had as a 55G column in the LR so we appear "normal". The SO is wonderful...doesnt say a word about my tanks other than joking "i thought you were done X tanks ago".
    3x75 gallons|1x55 gallon|2x40 gallons

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Cheers! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Space is something...we are in need of more.
    The more room you have the more stuff you accumulate....it's a vicious cycle at times if you let it take control . Oh wait, maybe that's me...I've come to that point in my life where less is actually more.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy New Year - mommy1   Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA   Good Morning :-) - Taurus   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Just to let you know I'm thinking about you. Better things will come. - Taurus   
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - MCHRKiller   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - MCHRKiller   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MCHRKiller   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - MCHRKiller   Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - MCHRKiller   

0 Not allowed!
    Now those are very true words to live by...and admittedly that was the reason we decided to buy a smaller house just because it is so much easier to keep up. It is very easy to get "too much" stuff if you dont have room to shove it somewhere tho.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Well....yesterday marked the 2 year anniversary of owning Black Phillip!

A photo of near the time when I got him...so little!

When he grew a bit and I moved him into his current tank...

To a couple of weeks ago...

Im starting to think about future plans for BP...he cant live in this 75G forever. I figure I may have another year or so with him in this tank....Im planning on a 120G given the 2ft width which would give him more ample turning room. I don't feel that the 5ft 18" wide version would benefit him much more than the 75G just because by the time I move him he will probably be 15" and much more bulky than now. Unfortunately I dont have space for a 180G or Id give him that...but I feel a 120G will be just fine. Its interesting to look back and see how far the monsters have came.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on the Platy fry - Silbar   Congrats on the shrimp! - Silbar   I loved the vid - Silbar   sfsamm - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    He somehow looks angrier in his younger photo. Lol still gorgeous but he's definitely grown into quite the handsome fish now.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   My fish say thanks - KoryKat   

0 Not allowed!
    why settle for a 48x24x24, when you can fit a 60x24x24?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Mainly just being able to find one really...I can easily get a 120G or a 180G from the LFS as they are standard sizes. 5ft tanks are about unheard of around here unless ya hit petsmart up for their 60x18 120G. A 5ft 150G would be a perfect fit and if I could find one that would be what I could go with. Id love the 180...had a friend offer me one for dirt cheap recently...I just dont have the space for a tank bigger than 5ft for him unless I did a major overhaul of the entire fish room. Which I guess is a possibility but I shutter at the thought of moving that many decent sized tanks and fish around.

I guess we'll have to see what this next year brings in terms of time and finances. I have long thought of combining Sally and Mrs. Freeze with my Firemouths, Tinfoils, Chalky, Ilene, Red, Hap(Turq Sev) and Leonard(EB acara)...in something like an 8ft 240G and replacing all of my smaller tanks with the 75s and just having 2-3 big tanks with the 3 75s. If I ever did that...it would free up enough space in the fish room to give BP a 6ft tank. It would also probably be less time consuming to maintain for example a 240, 180, 3x75s, and maybe a 50 something for Mz. Hyde. Psycho fins can't ever live with anything and a female Midas just doesnt need more than she has now.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your luck has to get better... - Slaphppy7   positive wishes for your troubled tank! - SeaLady   Flowers to sooth you - lots of stress lately. - DebinWhitmore   You are the cycling queen - Silbar   your right ;-) - AmazonJoe   
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - cajunqn81   

0 Not allowed!
    I shutter at the thought of moving that many decent sized tanks and fish around.
    Or moving any tanks around, really. If I ever have to deal with that nightmare again, it will be too soon

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Yes...which is why its an option but eh Im not sure if it would be worth the amount of effort.

I got the 303 hooked up on the 47G it is slowly clearing up....wood is leaching a bit. Overall things are doing well. Probably going to skip WCs this weekend...gotta get my taxes done...and take advantage of some of the nice weather.

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast