· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Default Are my German Blue Rams okay?

0 Not allowed!
    IMG_2144.jpgIMG_2144.jpg

Sorry if I didn't attach the picture right, I'm new to the forum. The last few days, my GBR's have been acting kind of listless. The male (he's the one in front) is looking okay, but the other ones sometimes go dark. Is there anything wrong with them? This may not be the best picture to show the problem, but it's the best I have so far. The tank is cycled and has been for a couple months. I know the temp is okay, because it's at 82 degrees (Fahrenheit) 24/7.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Can''t give rep points, but great job on the diagnosis/treatment - Boundava   Sending you a geophagus to  tank you for your analytical powers! - discusluv   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   

0 Not allowed!
    Did you use any parasitic treatment on the fish like praziquental, metronidazole, febendazole, or levamisole HCL?

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksor View Post
    Did you use any parasitic treatment on the fish like praziquental, metronidazole, febendazole, or levamisole HCL?
    No, I have not. I've tried Herbtana Microbe lift which has worked wonders for me in the past, and if anything it made them worse, so I used carbon to remove that medication.

0 Not allowed!
    Oh, and btw, those dark blotches that look like they're on the fish are actually algae that I have been unable to remove.

0 Not allowed!
    I got a better picture
    IMG_2145.jpg
    Normally, the GBR's are not this dark colored.
    I have noticed that this female has been affected the worst. The others look okay, maybe it's a dominance issue?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   So sorry, RIP Big Blue - Slaphppy7   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   

0 Not allowed!
    Fish look ok to me in the pic, but I've recently ran into an issue where fish were fine and breeding for years, then suddenly grew ill with a suspected parasite. I QT all new fish for months and still something snuck into my systems. So I suggest a parasite treatment for these cichlids. Rocksor can direct you the best course to take.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   So sorry, RIP Big Blue - Slaphppy7   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent S View Post
    I got a better picture
    IMG_2145.jpg
    Normally, the GBR's are not this dark colored.
    I have noticed that this female has been affected the worst. The others look okay, maybe it's a dominance issue?
    I have one GBR who is smaller, darker. She is the most timid one, so it could be a dominance thing. But I still recommend deworming your fish. I know I will be from now on, it's really not worth the hassle of deworming your whole tank(s) when there's an outbreak, trust me!
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

0 Not allowed!
    deworming? how do you do that?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Can''t give rep points, but great job on the diagnosis/treatment - Boundava   Sending you a geophagus to  tank you for your analytical powers! - discusluv   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   

0 Not allowed!
    The easiest dewormer to get is Hikari Prazipro. You could use API General Cure which has the same ingredient plus metro.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksor View Post
    The easiest dewormer to get is Hikari Prazipro. You could use API General Cure which has the same ingredient plus metro.
    Ok. Thanks for the help!