· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Why the bag of media outside your filter(s)?...
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Cheers! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Why the bag of media outside your filter(s)?...
    Seed media for the new tank?

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Would it be best to put the severum in with 3 2” geophagus and 2 paradise fish in a 40 gallon Breeder and take the geophagus Braziliansis in with the fire mouth since the Braziliensis is a bully and chases the other ones around? What’s best to do?

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Yes extra media with good bacteria? Something I should not do??

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    It's not hurting anything, but if you could fit it into a filter, it will colonize with BB better and faster
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I figured if substrate can hold good bacteria the ceramic media in bags could also get the good bacteria. That was probably just a stupid guess on my part.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Cheers! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkijas View Post
    . That was probably just a stupid guess on my part.
    No, not at all. It may take a while but the extra media will seed provided there's enough bioload for the bacteria to grow.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    I do know about it being in the filter. Maybe I will pull out my large marineland filter and fill that up with media. I was just trying to get as much as I could. Nothing wrong with extra filtering so I will do that:) still not enough media but your right it’s better.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   My fish say thanks - KoryKat   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkijas View Post
    Would it be best to put the severum in with 3 2” geophagus and 2 paradise fish in a 40 gallon Breeder and take the geophagus Braziliansis in with the fire mouth since the Braziliensis is a bully and chases the other ones around? What’s best to do?
    The brasilensis may kill the FM. You could try it to ese what happens, but in the long run you need a 6 foot tank sooner rather than later.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I am trying to get my LFS to move faster for the 210 I have these fish separated as best I know so I can grow them out some. If anyone has a better arrangement they can think of I will do it. I do not want any of these juveniles to get hurt or die. I would have waited on the fire mouth had I known but the LFS said it would be ok for the mean time. What is the smallest tank the fire mouth could go into temporarily if need be. I have 6 tanks running so I am trying to avoid setting up another one but I will if I have to.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast