· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Molting issues?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on winning the DT! - Silbar   Congrats on the Platy fry - Silbar   Congrats on the shrimp! - Silbar   I loved the vid - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    Well I had more deaths this morning in both tanks, not sure if I had mentioned that, one in each. And I think two in the display there were some remnants from either a molt or canabalisim. But also my other assassin in the cull tank I noticed this morning was deceased....

I added guava and Mulberry leaves as I'm comfortable doing so and not so much just blindly medicating an issue I don't understand. I don't have any IAL but it should be here soon I'd reordered it Saturday. I didn't think of it till now but I'll also toss some alder cones in, I usually do that as I notice them getting thin so there's some in the tanks already but with my kH and twice daily wc going more won't hurt anything.

This afternoon though no more deaths, a relief as I've been picking out corpses somewhere everytime I check the last two days. Maybe if I can get enough clean water going through the tanks and some decent antibacterial effects and foods from the leaves I'll salvage some of my colony.

I'd really like to know what happened, I obviously spread it myself one way or another as I'm not extremely cautious but generally play it pretty safe on equipment either separate equipment like my shrimp stuff or blistering hot tap water (through the python 1-2 minutes between tanks), and that's a literal statement my tap gets WAY hot, it'll scald a hand right fast.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on winning the DT! - Silbar   Congrats on the Platy fry - Silbar   Congrats on the shrimp! - Silbar   I loved the vid - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    Deaths stopped, everyone seems great now... No idea what that was all about. But I'm picking up RODI and moving them off the tap as I'm thinking it had to be something off in the water hitting only the shrimp.