· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your first cycled tank! - Silbar   For good luck with the fishkeeping hobby. - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Good God! Don't you have world war 3 with that many at feeding time? just kidding. No, my tank is a forty gallon 36" thing. After much head pounding, I think I'm just going to get a single male Pseudotropheus demasoni. If I keep overthinking, I'll have an empty tank forever. So, get food, order the fish, do a complete water change the day before the fish arrive and take it from there.
    I really appreciate all your help. When this started, I wanted a ten gallon!

marc4

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    There. I'm glad you've decided. I just looked up the Pseudotropheus demasoni and it is a really beautiful cichlid. Yep, big water change to get the nitrates below 10ppm then get your fish :)
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 01-19-2018 at 06:06 PM.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a frontosa, to start your collection - Slaphppy7   4 the help - rookie   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    There. I'm glad you've decided. I just looked up the Pseudotropheus demasoni and it is a really beautiful cichlid. Yep, big water change to get the nitrates below 10ppm then get your fish :)
    They don't seem that sensitive to nitrates, they seem ok even at 40 to 50 ppm of nitrates.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   My fish say thanks - KoryKat   

1 Not allowed!
    Nitrates are like second hand smoke to fish. Very few species of fish can tolerate higher nitrate levels with no long term effect.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksor View Post
    Nitrates are like second hand smoke to fish. Very few species of fish can tolerate higher nitrate levels with no long term effect.
    Maybe African cichlids have a higher tolerance, most of my fish in that tank are 2 to 3 years old and seem to be just fine.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your first cycled tank! - Silbar   For good luck with the fishkeeping hobby. - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    I have some extra rocks coming in and of course fish food that is correct for the species. After that, look out fish. I did read that wet spot won't deliver if the overnight low is under 20F. I just have to look around and find a good place. The two I had been looking at are in California and Oregon, which is a long way from IN.

marc4

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Bluegrass in Florida?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by fissh View Post
    Bluegrass in Florida?
    No. LiveAquaria, which I notice in Wisc., Wet spot is in Portland OR. , Live Fish Direct is listed in Utah. LiveAquaria I look at for the fish profiles, but their fish are generally expensive.

marc4

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Very nice looking fish! They only have unsexed right now, three of them, and I want a male. My cichlid food and extra rocks should be coming in this week. Then I can order. I appreciate the link. There are an awful lot of fish stores around. I'm not big on down talking other people or stores, but the store near us seems to have changing quality of knowledge depending on the people working there. I did check online, but there wasn't much infor. Enough said about that.

Just remember, if I wind up with four or five tanks, you guys are responsible!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast