· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Geophagus sveni

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family :-) - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you too! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Congrats! - Slaphppy7   

Default Geophagus sveni

3 Not allowed!
    The geophagus are growing like gang-busters! Here is a recent video.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    Those sure are some pretty Geos....they haven't dug up any plants yet?
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a frontosa, to start your collection - Slaphppy7   4 the help - rookie   

3 Not allowed!
    very happy looking fish and nice tank.

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

To new fish! - Slaphppy7   Second round ;) - Slaphppy7   It's a hot toddy. - Taurus   Here's to the "blue ribbon" tetra! - Slaphppy7   Hope you had a happy birthday! We are both March babies :) - discusluv   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Geo's and all fish and tank look great, nice project you have put together my friend ;-)
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.” ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

3 Not allowed!
    Very nice! Agree, awesome job putting this tank together and such beautiful rare fish!
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family :-) - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you too! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Congrats! - Slaphppy7   

3 Not allowed!
    Thank you guys. I am really having so much fun with these guys. Besides discus, I hadnt---up to this point--- kept any other cichlids, man what a difference! They are boisterous, eat like their starving at all times, dance like puppy dogs when they see me with looks on their face that say "Feed me, feed me"....

They are both endearing and like naughty teenagers at the same time. They bicker among themselves, but dont every hurt each other, will occasionally chase away a cory or the cupidos very briefly (but, not clear across the tank). Its almost like waving away a fly-- a quick movement toward them that sends the other fish out of the way. The cupidos are promising to be just as interesting, but, so far, their behaviors are more subdued and shy. maybe this will change when I fill out the group, too early to tell.

Some plants didnt make it in this set-up: c. petchii, dwarf sag, helianthum quad., and nelsonia. All gone because they were either constantly dug up or too slow growing and constantly got buried in the sand. What has done excellent is the crypt. spiralis! Tough, durable, and geophagus proof. The other plants that took a while to settle in but are thriving now are the Italian val, swords, larger crypts, and, of course, the java ferns.

What is amazing to me, as this tank was set up on October 1st, is that there has been no fish loss. The only fish I have lost have been in the first 24 hours--- and this always tells me- when one fish in a group dies within 24 hours that it had a weakened immune system through shipment and the stress of acclimation was the last straw. Lost one geophagus and one lamp eye due to stress of acclimation. Pretty good in a tank that is all wilds.. I think that the UV sterilizer has something to due with the health.

Thanks again for all the nice comments :)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Its been a little over 5 months since got the sveni, here is a video of their growth--- they are starting to get their long streamers. :)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Cheers! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Wow, that's a beautiful tank. Lots of fun to watch.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you--- except for the persistent BBA that I am constantly fighting, Im enjoying it :)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    Very nice, those geos are beautiful.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers