· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Helpful hint

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on the Platy fry - Silbar   Congrats on the shrimp! - Silbar   I loved the vid - Silbar   sfsamm - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Gah, let me be a lesson lol don't procrastinate killing these things if you don't have fish to eat them for you. If you're brave here's a crummy quality video showing just how many are coming out and could do regular daily stuff and not notice... Then again I was purposefully not looking for them after I saw them a couple weeks ago. There's a LOT.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   My fish say thanks - KoryKat   

0 Not allowed!
    Did you name the big one?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Wow, you're not exaggerating! At last your beautiful shrimp don't seem to be affected. I found one of these in my fry tank. I sucked it up with my siphon, probably caused more issues...
    They don't hurt shrimp or small fry?
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on the Platy fry - Silbar   Congrats on the shrimp! - Silbar   I loved the vid - Silbar   sfsamm - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksor View Post
    I like HOBs for the simple reason of being able to put a "pill" in it and have it dissolve slowly as water passes through it.
    That would be awesome! I have before tried adding the Panacur dose to my filter and it just blew it out around the tank anyway. Its a powder/granual thing, at least what I get is lol I've never tried anything different but a pill would be awesome if it was not a scary high dose, I've never looked.... Maybe when I restock I should look into one as a pill and the smallest dose available. What I have is 22.2mg of fenbenzadole so I mix it with 200ml of water and dose. Hydra about 1mg per 10 gallons and planaria 3mg... I read today though that some people have dosed up to about 10mg for 10 gallon without killing stock.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksor View Post
    Did you name the big one?
    Lol Mondo Nasty
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    Wow, you're not exaggerating! At last your beautiful shrimp don't seem to be affected. I found one of these in my fry tank. I sucked it up with my siphon, probably caused more issues...
    They don't hurt shrimp or small fry?
    They really don't seem to at all. I've never seen a dead shrimp, I seem to have more babies than ever since I changed their food.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Not dead. Dosed up again today. They aren't happy but not dead. Wc tomorrow regardless, if they aren't dead I might try that no planaria recommended @fissh. Anyone have experience with it? I have read up a bit today, mixed reviews with shrimp but everything has mixed reviews with shrimp lol. I should not have put off nuking them.