· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your cycle. - Slaphppy7   Have a tetra, glad your here ;-) - steeler58   They didn't have an eel so here's a foxface haha - BluewaterBoof   

2 Not allowed!
    Couple of new pieces, these came from @BluewaterBoof neck of the woods. I bought these from pictures for $15 each. One because the color stuck out so much in pictures and the other because you could tell it was a huge frag. Not disappointed with either.

IMG_2114.jpg

IMG_2113.jpg

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Welcome Back! - Boundava   Here is a coral to tide you over until you decide what to get for your 40 - bpete   Sorry for the ich, you'll defeat it. - mch1984   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   

1 Not allowed!
    Congrats on the new frags!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    Nice dude!

The second one looks similar to a frag I bought from Dee at Reef-Licious. Is that where you ordered them from?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your cycle. - Slaphppy7   Have a tetra, glad your here ;-) - steeler58   They didn't have an eel so here's a foxface haha - BluewaterBoof   

2 Not allowed!
    Yeah, they are both from Dee. A friend of mind was in Alb for a business trip and stopped by there. Picked stuff up for a few of us, plus Dee donated a few acan frags to the club for our frag swap at the meeting next week.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

2 Not allowed!
    I bought most of my frags from Dee. I used to think his shop was overpriced a while back, but the quality of specimens and his variety just kind of blew away Southwest Reef so I've pretty much switched back to him. All my acans/micros, favia, favites, acros, leptos, leptastrea, and monti have come from his shop and all of them have turned out beautiful.

The one in your second pic, do the polyps have short dark tentacles with one longer light-tipped one that grows out of each center? He called the one I got "Lightning Fruit Punch" hahaha

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Crappy photo of the one I got. You can kind of see how it has a longer white-tipped tentacle sticking out of each polyp.

41056765_545986022509140_3484086013205151744_n.jpg

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    It looks good. Ive got 6 acro frags and one digi frag sitting on a rack. I kind of want to let them encrust before I place them. I doubt I have that much patience thought

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    So some good news. The last couple of times Iíve tried to feed stitch he wasnít interested. I knew not to be concerned but I was anyways. Figured out why today, he eats the frozen stuff I use too! I was super excited to see thatís some of the reason he wasnít hungry. He ate some frozen today and almost an entire silver side.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Awesome! I don't think some folks realize just how much of a relief it is when an animal like that will accept frozen.

It's always a bit discouraging when they go through fasts. My ball python would go on a three-month hunger strike each winter and I would always be a little stressed even though I knew it was normal.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BluewaterBoof View Post
    Awesome! I don't think some folks realize just how much of a relief it is when an animal like that will accept frozen.

It's always a bit discouraging when they go through fasts. My ball python would go on a three-month hunger strike each winter and I would always be a little stressed even though I knew it was normal.
    Yeah I've had other creatures do it before. My bearded will go in his hide out and just sleep for a few days to a week at a time. Again perfectly normal, but I don't like it. When they brumate you are suppose to leave them alone, but doesn't mean I like to. It's nearly impossible to see him breathing.

One advantage of stitch going after frozen is you get to see his whole body. I rarely see more than his head, but last night he was coming further out and you could see about half of him. He's already put on some thickness in his body.

Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast