· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your cycle. - Slaphppy7   Have a tetra, glad your here ;-) - steeler58   They didn't have an eel so here's a foxface haha - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    Just as I posted that I spotted him. Heís good!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the laugh! - BluewaterBoof   Congratulations on the return! - AmazonJoe   Thank you for your inside and suggestions - Silbar   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   You need one more for the 17ft tank lol - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    How's your dosing system working out? What are the nitrates and phosphate registering at these days? Are you still running the skimmer?
    Think with logic and rationality more than emotion. Act with moderation and consideration. Contemplate ideals and realistic goals and weigh out possibilities and options. Temper not with personal delusions or false hope but learn to accept and move on.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your cycle. - Slaphppy7   Have a tetra, glad your here ;-) - steeler58   They didn't have an eel so here's a foxface haha - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    Well funny you mention that, you could have all the fancy equipment in the world. If you donít turn it back on itís useless. Apparently (Sunday I think) I forgot to turn my ATO and skimmer back on after I took some cheato out of the sump. I tested everything tonight and the N03 is sitting about 6 or 7 without the skimmer. I want to bring it down a hair so Iím going to leave it running for 24 hours then set it back to half a day.

Alk is running pretty level dosing about 24 ml a day or 1 per hour. My calcium is off at the moment trying to get a handle on usage in the tank. Iím going to leave it off till my Calc drops 10 ppm and then Iíll figure up daily usage. Still trying to figure my magnesium out.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Welcome Back! - Boundava   Here is a coral to tide you over until you decide what to get for your 40 - bpete   Sorry for the ich, you'll defeat it. - mch1984   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mch1984 View Post
    Well funny you mention that, you could have all the fancy equipment in the world. If you donít turn it back on itís useless.
    Oi! A mind is a terrible thing to lose. Did you notice that your system was running really quiet though?
    Just aggravating you. I'm glad you caught it before you'd gone too long.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Not running quieter, you canít hear my skimmer running. I just looked into the cabinet and noticed the water level was low. I know where the water sits on my skimmer. When I realized it was about 3Ē lower than it should be, it dawned on me I forgot to turn that stuff back on.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Tried my hand at a Reef2Reef live sale and I should have not. Those things are dangerous.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Welcome Back! - Boundava   Here is a coral to tide you over until you decide what to get for your 40 - bpete   Sorry for the ich, you'll defeat it. - mch1984   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   

0 Not allowed!
    Those are both very pretty!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    So now that i'm getting my main element dosing in line I've decided to take dosing a step further. I know there are other trace elements that can benifit coral and their colors. I have decided to start daily dosing these. I've also done a lot of reading about dosing amino acids and other things to help provide more food and energy for coral. I am starting to grow my collection of demanding coral and I feel it's time I step this up. Although this is a daily dosing regiment, I feel like I aready spend time with my tank everyday so it shouldn't hurt. I've started taking some pics of my SPS (all of three pieces at the moment) and I will take new pics of the new ones coming in. I think once a week I will take pics of all of them and see how everything progresses in the next few months. See if the color stays and if I think these trace elements and food are helping.

Also I'm super excited because a fellow local reefer now has a par meter. I am going to get it from him tonight and will get to really see what my lights are doing and what I need to do to step them up.

TRACE ELEMENTS.PNG

REEF ENERGY.PNG

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    I'm interested to hear your results. I had almost pulled the trigger on those Trace supplements a month or two ago but at the time I didn't really have much in the way of SPS. Now that I have some acros and montis I may decide to grab some if they do well for you.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BluewaterBoof View Post
    I'm interested to hear your results. I had almost pulled the trigger on those Trace supplements a month or two ago but at the time I didn't really have much in the way of SPS. Now that I have some acros and montis I may decide to grab some if they do well for you.
    I think it will take a while to see, but maybe I'm wrong. I have one acro, a green slimer. It's struggling but I think that was due to very low alk levels before I started dosing. Who knows, maybe a par problem as well but I'll know that hopefully tonight.

Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast