· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your cycle. - Slaphppy7   Have a tetra, glad your here ;-) - steeler58   They didn't have an eel so here's a foxface haha - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BluewaterBoof View Post
    Oh that looks like plenty of room. If nothing else you can take one of the doors off to put it in.

Any thought on what you're gonna use for circulation?
    Going to do two eflux 660 on the back wall, then a maxspect gyre on one side or the other. If I donít think that is enough Iíll add a 3rd 660 on the back wall.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    I've been looking at gyre pumps lately. Not that I have need or can use one in my nano reef, but I hadn't really seen them before and they look pretty cool.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your cycle. - Slaphppy7   Have a tetra, glad your here ;-) - steeler58   They didn't have an eel so here's a foxface haha - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    The single negative I’ve heard about them is that they are a little noisy. There is a guy locally running one and his wasn’t that loud. But that could have been because I was starring at his Tank in amazement.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Question, has anybody ever used window tint on the back of the Tank instead of paint? To help easy my huge desire to start doing something to this Tank, Iím going to do the background this weekend.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    I've always just painted my tanks so I can't give personal experience on tinting. I wonder how well the tint material holds up against salt creep.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I've always painted myself, and had luck with it. The salt creep is kind of what I was worried about. This may sound dumb, but I almost feel bad painting this tank its too pretty.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mch1984 View Post
    This may sound dumb, but I almost feel bad painting this tank its too pretty.
    Not at all. I didn't paint my saltwater tank for the same reason :)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Well I've asked the question on here and r2r, so unless I hear a huge negative to doing the window tint I think that's what I will do. I guess I could ask the question on facebook but sometimes it just into BS on there.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah, I like to browse through other posts in the SW group to pick up bits of info here and there, but the group has a huge amount of trolls who like to stir the pot. I never see any admins or mods keeping the peace there. It's definitely one of the more unruly groups I'm a member of. Even the most mundane questions posted there seem to get crapped on.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Well you will notice I asked. I actually got some good input, and between me and another guy we came up with a great idea. I'm going to put a mirror behind the tank so I can see into the over flow box. As far as the back, you were right about the salt creep. Somebody said it took theirs a few years to start causing a problem with the background. So I'm wondering if it's worth it. Others suggested vinyl, but I feel like that would offer the same problem. If it's between vinyl and tint, I think the tint would look better. They suggested plasti dip, but I equate that with painting and I'm trying to avoid that. I think I will end up taking my chances with the tint. I'll update when I do which ever I go with this weekend.

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast