· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your cycle. - Slaphppy7   Have a tetra, glad your here ;-) - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    Couple more pics

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your cycle. - Slaphppy7   Have a tetra, glad your here ;-) - steeler58   

2 Not allowed!
    I put the rock in the tank and I like it a lot more inside the aquarium. It essentially 4 large pieces so some adjustments can be made. It may change a little bit before I fill it but not much.

IMG_1376.jpg

IMG_1373.jpg

IMG_1379.jpg

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Well started firing up some of the electronics and playing with the apex and stuff. I have discovered I have an electric problem and Iím not sure where itís at. Itís either the new GFCI plug I installed, my EB8, and a power strip Iím using. Weíll see after I do some more trouble shooting tomorrow.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I think I figured out the electrical problem. I guess T5 fixtures and GFCI donít get along. So Iíll have to rethink the electrical some but I think Iím good for the moment. So this weekend will be finalize a couple of wires and plumb the tank.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Well itís together, tomorrow is sand and start adding water. It will probably take me a couple of days to get it full.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Time for the first pale of water.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Well the tank is up and running. Still getting the salinity up and tweaking the overflow but itís looking good.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Ordered my last piece of big equimpment, with the exception of the light upgrade in the future. I ordered an eshopps s-120 skimmer, I don't think I'll need it for a bit but wanted to go ahead and get it in. Maybe get the break in done while the tank is cycling.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Excellent vid of RO/DI unit. - Silbar   Very Nice Betta write-up - Jwfish13   Merry Christmas! - Boundava   Merry Christmas - steeler58   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    Awesome!

What kind of mixing station are you going to be using for this setup? The 'fuge and skimmer will definitely help keep the nutrients down, but how are you going to handle the occasional water change? That was my biggest concern about converting my 90g into SW. I don't really have room for one of those huge brute cans anywhere in the house, and the wife won't stand it if I have plumbing stretched across the house haha

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BluewaterBoof View Post
    Awesome!

What kind of mixing station are you going to be using for this setup? The 'fuge and skimmer will definitely help keep the nutrients down, but how are you going to handle the occasional water change? That was my biggest concern about converting my 90g into SW. I don't really have room for one of those huge brute cans anywhere in the house, and the wife won't stand it if I have plumbing stretched across the house haha
    At the moment I am using a brute trash can on wheels with a float valve installed so I can turn my RODI on and walk away. My plan down the road is to build a storage/mixing station in my garage and buy a big pump so I can pump the water from the mixing station to the tank. When I do that I don't plan on using brutes anymore. The smaller brute works well but I want something a little more sturdy for long term use. As far as plumbing stretched across the house, I can understand that. I will just use some rubber hose to go to the tank so i can put it all away when I'm done with water changes. For now and probably for a few months while my wallet recovers from this build, I'll be mixing in the brute and rolling it to the tank lol.

That's all part of the undecided for me, how many and how often I'll be doing water changes. I'm on that side of the fence that leans toward good nutrient export and dosing over frequent water changes. I haven't done any kind of dosing on my 34 yet, I've just been doing weekly water changes. The dosing is a little intimidating to me, but I plan to take the plunge on the 90 once I start adding coral. The bottom part of my electronics cabinet is empty and is being reserved for a dosing set up. Once I get this tank settled in some, I'll start figuring out where I want to go with that. I have some ideas but like a lot of thing in this hobby, it will come down to how much money I want to spend on the set up.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213