· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Right now I have the African butterfly, brasilienis and whatever the other two juveniles plus 2 paradise fish in a 40 gallon Breeder. I have the severum and the fire mouth in a 29 to grow out and the 4 hoplos and 2 eels and some Corey cats in a 55 gallon. Ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 10-20 depending on day and tank. The 210 gallon will be set up soon and I will use all the media and plants etc. in that tank. I am hoping to put the cichlids and the 4 haplos and the two eels in that tank maybe a few more cichlids if it is something reasonable. What do you guys think? I was told that the hoplos would get their feelers bitten off and they would get beat up possibly killed?

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Yes picture 2 and 3 are the same fish. That one it seems no one know what it is. I didn’t notice I missed one of the fish!

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    C17387C2-FFCA-4630-B09E-43E4B4C323E7.jpeg
    The fish that I did not have a picture up of.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you very much. I was also told by someone else that the butterfly cichlid shouldn’t be kept with the others? Do you all agree?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   So sorry, RIP Big Blue - Slaphppy7   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   You will win this battle against the nematodes. - RiversGirl   

0 Not allowed!
    No one answered yet, so this is my opinion. We have not ID'd the other cichlids, (sorry, I'm not sure) so I'd wait for the ID to say the butterfly cichlid doesn't belong. The only thing I can see so far is that the butterfly cichlid is native to rivers and streams in West Africa whereas the others ID'd come from South America. If your butterfly cichlid was from central Africa, I'd be a little more concerned, but they are pretty docile for an African cichlid. Also the water hardness is similar in West Africa to South Anerican waters, I don't see a huge problem. How does he act with the others?
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    He keeps to himself but he will nudge the one with the line through his length when it is time to eat. The braziliensis is aggressive towards all of them when its feeding time(chasing them away from the whole middle of the tank or if he sees them looking at the food)!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Can''t give rep points, but great job on the diagnosis/treatment - Boundava   Sending you a geophagus to  tank you for your analytical powers! - discusluv   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   

0 Not allowed!
    The brasilensis has taken control of the whole 40g tank already, and it can get worse as he gets bigger.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   So sorry, RIP Big Blue - Slaphppy7   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   You will win this battle against the nematodes. - RiversGirl   

0 Not allowed!
    Have you considered rehoming the brasilensis? Maybe your LFS will take him or you can put up an ad somewhere? @Rocksor what are the other two cichlids, Lake Tanganyika?
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Can''t give rep points, but great job on the diagnosis/treatment - Boundava   Sending you a geophagus to  tank you for your analytical powers! - discusluv   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    Have you considered rehoming the brasilensis? Maybe your LFS will take him or you can put up an ad somewhere? @Rocksor what are the other two cichlids, Lake Tanganyika?
    i'm not familiar with most african cichlids