· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on the Platy fry - Silbar   Congrats on the shrimp! - Silbar   I loved the vid - Silbar   sfsamm - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

Default The whole shebang

3 Not allowed!
    I spend a fair amount of time working on my tanks, and following a lot of the builds here. I have a couple journals of my projects but I've never necessarily shared info on all of what I've got going on so I just thought it was about time to do so. I've got a few more projects planned down the line and some moving around of fish and such planned as well as a couple purchases to iron out my final appearance ideas on everything. But for just over a year in on my new beginnings in my new water parameters. I won't go into much detail about those I already have journals running on but wanted to make a place to track all my other stuff as well as share and get others opinions on my ideas and such... Start ironing out my strategies and noting my progresses, successes and troubles. So here's just a journal that will encompass all those things I do here in fish land as well. :) I took a few cheesy quick far from perfect photos of 7 of my main tanks just quick this morning. This tank was an emergency set up during one of many disasters I had last year. Currently is a jungle with no real theme or plans. 10 gallon, currently holding quality culls from my display RCS plan on upgrading and moving them to something bigger and possibly running my CPDs and endlers, 20L maybe??? I dig some of the things that have happened beautifully here, but hate the substrate and am glad it's basically u seen. It also raises my CPD fry up for me and no big changes are planned for 3-6 months as I will be growing out 1-2 more batches of CPDs first.

This is Steve's tank. He's a murderous little spirit and I may add him to the platy tank for fry control but for now he's running solo. If I keep him here I'm working out some ideas on building a steampunk theme for his tank. Also may do something a bit darker more Gothic theme maybe? Again hate the substrate but I don't mind gutting a 5 gallon, it's always a fun day project for me. I think Steve is quite old though unfortunately. I've only had him about 16 months but he's just showing some if those signs I've not usually seen in previous bettas till around 3-4 years. So I am a bit careful what I do for decor. He may also go into my bedroom build listed below, but I think he's a bit hot headed and may not appriciate the antics of the endlers.

This is Loki, he's king of the assassin breeding tank and had a wonderfully beautiful mountain river theme but unfortunately the last few months his plants have had a serious decline and he's now left only with my anubias golden narrow. He's also going to potentially be moving. Whichever tank Steve doesn't thrive in with likely become home for him. Moving the bettas leaves room to implement a couple other ideas... If they do well in their new environments when I get around to it.

Last edited by sfsamm; 01-08-2018 at 05:12 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on the Platy fry - Silbar   Congrats on the shrimp! - Silbar   I loved the vid - Silbar   sfsamm - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Continued.... I didn't realize I had a time limit! Lol sorry. my RCS display, terrible photo but it's in another journal. It's going to changed up a bit, some large hardscape removed and a carpet of fissidens and something I've not yet decided that can appriciate the shade of the crypt to keep a nice green floor.

The 55 Congo, moved more towards African and off plan but I've got a journal on this one so here's just a quick couple photos on a bit if a hardscape change to open up some new areas as there's going to be some more crypts added as I think I'm going to try a mixed crypts mat here... At least this week that's my thoughts lol

My son's platy tank... Viscous little male has killed off the females by harassing them to death (2)and we lost one under some weird circumstances. But we have 14 fry growing up some of which are now making more babies already, hence a betta control device. :)

And lastly but not least. This is my bedroom tank, has been growing out fish for me for a while currently holding 3 Albino Congo Tetra growing up for the 55, and will likely grow up 5-6 more when weather improves and I can order some females from TWS. also around are my 5 remaining zebra danios and 5 male endlers, some nerites and pest snails. It's going to be a great tank after it's done growing up some fish and holding. Needs some more crypts and a rearranging but it's been a mishmash if stuff kind of like my emergency tank... Hence it's hidden away in my room as I can see past the crazy disorganized planting scheme and it's likely inevitable if the changes that might squeeze into 2018?
    Last edited by sfsamm; 01-08-2018 at 05:29 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - RiversGirl   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holidays to you!  Miss you at the forum. - Boundava   

0 Not allowed!
    Great looking tanks. I instantly loved the shrimp tank with that crypt. Looks awesome.
    Increasing your biodiversity increases your stability.

You know what this tank needs? ........................ Crypts.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your luck has to get better... - Slaphppy7   positive wishes for your troubled tank! - SeaLady   Flowers to sooth you - lots of stress lately. - DebinWhitmore   You are the cycling queen - Silbar   your right ;-) - AmazonJoe   
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - cajunqn81   

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    Great looking tanks. I instantly loved the shrimp tank with that crypt. Looks awesome.
    That is my favorite crypt lol it hooked me on them for sure. I couldn't ever really get much out of them till I moved here and somehow crypts just looove my tanks now. That one started it all. It is definitely my favorite and I think it is wonderful! Thank you!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunqn81 View Post
    Looks great! This will be fun, I'm sure...
    Thanks! I am looking forward to it. Most my tanks are a constant work in progress project lol always have been, I'd get bored if I wasn't constantly doing something to one of them somewhere!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your luck has to get better... - Slaphppy7   positive wishes for your troubled tank! - SeaLady   Flowers to sooth you - lots of stress lately. - DebinWhitmore   You are the cycling queen - Silbar   your right ;-) - AmazonJoe   
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - cajunqn81   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sfsamm View Post
    Thanks! I am looking forward to it. Most my tanks are a constant work in progress project lol always have been, I'd get bored if I wasn't constantly doing something to one of them somewhere!
    And folks call me crazy for working on 11 builds more-or-less simultaneously...

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunqn81 View Post
    And folks call me crazy for working on 11 builds more-or-less simultaneously...
    Hahaha never! I've always had one single tiny thing or I've had several of all sizes and varieties lol. Single tiny tanks were because of travel and moving for jobs lol its much easier to scoop a 5-10 gallon and set itin the passenger floorboards than having to bucket and make multiple trips.... But then again those days was my little Honda CRX, computers, fish, cat and clothes. Everything I needed fit in that car! 9 moves one year and 7 on the year before and the year after means minimizing but not giving up what you love lol

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Found four pretty decent sized assassin babies in my son's tank today. Excuse his choice of substrate lol but kid decides he wants fish kid can design the tank (within reason) however he wants lol.
    First two photos have one effect assassin baby, third actually has two in it. Cute little stinkers! Have several in another tank but it's dim and hard to photo lol my kiddo is oh so happy every time I find babies in his tank lol

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    One of my vals has finally decided to be alive... I'm fairly certain the other two have completely wilted away to nothing but this one finally decided it had adapted and was going to grow. It did all that growth this past 10 days or so.