· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - Cory Catfish   ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ - korith   you need some more fish :) - Vip3r   have a ram... - Vip3r   and a salvini - Vip3r   

Default Got this cutie in September

2 Not allowed!
    Got this cutie in september. It went from a repurposed 20 gallon aquarium to the 40 gallon within a month. Also lighting was improved with the lightyourreptile 22 inch T5 fixture and exo 150watt basking light.

Recently added the driftwood back into the enclosure today for something to hopefully occasionally wear the nails down a little bit. The Basking rock/cave is from petsmart and I have a swap of it, as well as the repticarpet for the enclosure for cleaning times. Repticarpet will probably be my permanent substrate as i don't want to chance impaction with sand substrate down the line even if i wanted to use it when the beardie got old enough for it.

Picky eater that it is, will only eat freeze dried crickets and mealworms for bugs. I have Herpivite for vitamin dusting and zoo med reptical for calcium dusting. Veggies known to like are zucchini, belgium endive, and am going to try him on butternut squash as that's all i was able to find this week as i never made the long trip to the kroger that has the endive in stock.

Enjoy have not sexed it yet and it's small for it's age only 9 inches at 6 months or so. Could be a husbandry problem according to what i've read on other sites, though i can definitely say he was the smallest of the three beardies in the display habitat at petsmart (yes they were all in the same one) that can also affect their growth. He looks healthy otherwise and has shed at least twice since I've gotten him...actually to be honest haven't checked the gender again to see if it's obvious enough to confirm. I know he's a occasional jumper so i have to keep an eye on him.

NOw the pictures.

26231359_1955619791115728_5714694734019964237_n.jpg

26231674_1955619637782410_7955248733643952161_n.jpg

Enjoy.

10 gallon tank - Sephiroth (obtained 01/01/18). 1 algae eating shrimp, 1 established anubias plant on rock, sponge filter and heater

RIP - Helios HM BETTA 03/2016 to 12/31/17

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep! - WhistlingBadger   Thank you for your friendship - Silbar   Happy Easter - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Cute little guy.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - Cory Catfish   ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ - korith   you need some more fish :) - Vip3r   have a ram... - Vip3r   and a salvini - Vip3r   

1 Not allowed!
    Thank you, I was just glad i had the funds to get the 40 gallon enclosure as that's the MINIMUM required enclosure for ONE adult bearded dragon. A lot of online references prefer 55-60 gallon tank sized. If i actually have to upgrade to that size down the line i'll probably have to buy a whole new stand as well as the tank as i don't think my currently stand is long enough to hold the tank safely.

Even though it's not fish related and most of my posts are on beardeddragon.org both forums have been informative to me so i felt i had to share with my family here as well. That and if there are any beardie owners on here they can always offer comments as well.

Have a great weekend.

10 gallon tank - Sephiroth (obtained 01/01/18). 1 algae eating shrimp, 1 established anubias plant on rock, sponge filter and heater

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep! - WhistlingBadger   Thank you for your friendship - Silbar   Happy Easter - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    You have a great one, too.

My wife has a leopard gecko (I think that's what he is) in her classroom, he eats the mealworms and loves the live crickets

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    My beardie has only eaten the canned crickets which i just tried yesterday, had no interest in chasing live crickets at all. Also likes the live mealworms I give him as well.

Leopard geckos have more finky digestive systems so they don't get many veg. But as my beardie gets older down the line it'll be 80% veg and 20% insect/protein. Trying to see if he'll actually eat the salad made of butternut squash and zucchini squash on a small desert plate. If that doesn't work i'll go back to using the paper towel's i'd been using for my salads for the beardie. I try to keep veg on hand that i'd eat if they were starting to turn as it's just me living here.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Oh, really?...I thought they all liked those live crickets, but I know little to nothing about lizards

Drives me crazy when she brings those live ones home, they chirp all night...I make her leave them in the car when it's not too cold outside, lol
    Last edited by Slaphppy7; 01-07-2018 at 06:03 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    It's only the large crickets that have the noisemakers on them. The small ones and the medium ones don't have them or not noticeably enough to be loud with them. bearded dragons do like live crickets mine just had no interest in chasing them. Part of that may be because he's still a juvenille so his'targeting' isn't the best yet even if he knows where they are. Also it got to be a pain that all the crickets decided to hide under the repticarpet which makes them impossible for the beardie to get to.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Sorry, I'm out of milk...it went sour - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - RiversGirl   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Smart crickets! LOL!
    20 gal. high: planted; 5 white cloud minnows, 4 golden White Clouds, several RCS, 2 blue shrimp, 5 Amano shrimp, several snails; Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 6 rosy barbs, 6 yellow glofish, 3 red glofish, 3 zebra danios, 5 white cloud minnows, 3 dojo loaches, 6 crimson spot rainbow fish, 12 large Amano Shrimp, several snails; AC110.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   So very sorry for your loss :( - steeler58   Happy Easter - Silbar   Because you always have an encouraging and kind word for everyone - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    Congrats on your new pet! My sister and her family have a bearded dragon. The previous owner-family had to move and could no longer offer it the home it needs.
    I'm glad you are giving yours a nice home!
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow