· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 71 of 73 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 LastLast

Thread: Weather

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    Looks like we'll "dodge our first bullet" of the season this weekend...it's going to be a long summer

https://weather.com/storms/hurricane...st-new-orleans
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a cory for all your great pics ;-) - steeler58   Have a cory for all your great pics ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - RiversGirl   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Not that bad here.

The land in front of the mill is the second lowest place in Holland. It is 6,6 meters below sealevel. It is dug and the clay is used to make the dyke to protect the country behind it (after huge floods)
    No Cory, No Glory !!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    We've got Texas weather today! Up to 97F with a "feels like" temp of 107F.

Thank you to Willis Carrier - On July 17, 1902, Willis Haviland Carrier designed the first modern air-conditioning system, launching an industry that would fundamentally improve the way we live, work and play.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Healing vibes.  Read and rest your fingers! - RiversGirl   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! (USA) - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Three days three nights going on four days with none stop rain sleat and snow my neck of the woods.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Cheers! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SueD View Post
    We've got Texas weather today! Up to 97F with a "feels like" temp of 107F.
    Yep, we had a low of 76F last night and today will be a repeat of yesterday. Looks like lows into the upper 50s starting tomorrow night into next week thank goodness. A little bit of mac's winter would feel good about right now ....

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    [QUOTE=Taurus;1512567] A little bit of mac's winter would feel good about right now ....[/QUOTE]

No, no no.... I'll still take t-shirts and sandals over parkas and boots!!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    I'm a native of southern California. We don't have seasons down there. When I was a kid in elementary school, the occasional, very rare times it "snowed" -- like a few flakes that covered the ground maybe a half inch for a few minutes -- it was such a novelty that we were all let out of class to go "play" in it, and by the time we did, it was all melted off and gone. No snowballs, there!

Ever since living up here in the north Idaho panhandle, I've seen what real seasons are. Even then, the most predictable thing about our weather is that it's UNpredictable. Keeps things interesting. But if I had my choice year around, I'd prefer the milder climate over the extremes, even though I realize the natural world needs to sleep for a few months to rejuvenate, and the Spring awakenings are all the more glorious because of it.

What gets me, during our heavy winter months, are the drivers who don't seem to understand one needs to SLOW DOWN on all of that ice and snow. Even up here, so many are in such a huge hurry, and in winter conditions, that can be a real hazard -- for themselves and for everyone around them.

But then, down in the milder climate of SoCal, the freeways become parking lots at certain times of the day. Everyone cuts in and out of traffic with just inches to spare, and are ten times more rude.

Doesn't much matter where you live, when it comes right down to it.
    20 gal. high: planted; 5 white cloud minnows, 4 golden White Clouds, several RCS, 2 blue shrimp, 5 Amano shrimp, several snails; Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 6 rosy barbs, 6 yellow glofish, 3 red glofish, 3 zebra danios, 5 white cloud minnows, 3 dojo loaches, 6 crimson spot rainbow fish, 12 large Amano Shrimp, several snails; AC110.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a cory for all your great pics ;-) - steeler58   Have a cory for all your great pics ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - RiversGirl   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    We'll have a short heathwave next week.

This weekend isn't bad at all.

Brother in law competed in a 10 kilometer open water swimmingmatch.
    No Cory, No Glory !!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Cheers! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SueD View Post
    I hear ya Sue, by a little I meant very little. I just don't enjoy the extremes any more.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Healing vibes.  Read and rest your fingers! - RiversGirl   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! (USA) - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    [QUOTE=SueD;1512568]
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurus View Post
    A little bit of mac's winter would feel good about right now ....[/QUOTE]

I much more prefer a mild temperatures found around Darwin.

Stays the same all year.

Page 71 of 73 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 LastLast