· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 68 of 73 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast

Thread: Weather

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Cheers! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Hey Larry, now's the time to come visit, before it gets too hot for your liking........
    92 with 96% humidity , I wouldn't go outside but I appreciate the invitation Matt. Texas is on my bucket list, I'll make is there someday. We are so lucky to live in such a beautiful Country with diversity of landscape and climate.

Funny you mention that because I just got back from spending a week out in western Oregon. We flew into Portland and drove down to Springfield - Eugene for a week. We drove over to the Oregon coast as well and went to the Oregon Coast Aquarium for a visit. It's a neat little Aquarium with exhibits that display the abundance of life along the Oregon coast. I've got a video of the jelly fish tank that I'll try to upload latter. Oh yeah, that weather was gorgeous all week too with temps up into the 80s with very low humidity. Made it to Heceta Beach in Florence as well but the wind was blowing so bad there that we couldn't stand up on the beach. We had a 3 hour lay over in Denver flying out so I got to see a bit of that as well.

https://aquarium.org/exhibits/
    Last edited by Taurus; 06-21-2019 at 02:00 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    I was going to get you to help with a "little" yard work, but oh well, I guess

Sounds like you guys had a fun trip, glad y'all made it home safely...but I must admit, I'm surprised you didn't visit TWS while you were in Portland

At any rate, that aquarium you visited looks really neat, need to check out that site
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Cheers! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Sounds like you guys had a fun trip, glad y'all made it home safely...but I must admit, I'm surprised you didn't visit TWS while you were in Portland
    Patti's daughter and grandchildren live in Springfield...she had to drive up to Portland to pick us up right during rush hour and the traffic was crazy so it would have been a further imposition that I just didn't want to cause. She has boys aged 15, 8 and 7 which are a handful. The trip to the Aquarium more than made up for it though ... very cool Aquarium because there were exhibits of all coastal life including a shore bird aviary, sea otters, harbor seals, shore plant life as well as life bound to the sea waters.

But you're right Matt, in a perfect world I would have spent a least a day at the Wetspot.
    Last edited by Taurus; 06-21-2019 at 02:14 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

3 Not allowed!
    At any rate, that aquarium you visited looks really neat, need to check out that site
    I think all public aquariums like this one are cool but this one is pretty special because the exhibits are unique to the Oregon coast. I had a wonderful time there and never will you hear me complain about the admission price because I know what it costs to maintain healthy animals there. The actual fish tanks were huge tanks that had plexiglass tunnels built through them for people to walk through and observe so you felt like you were actually in the water with the fish...very cool! I highly recommend a visit there if you're in the area, you will not be disappointed.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Very cool, indeed!

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurus View Post
    I've got a video of the jelly fish tank that I'll try to upload latter.
    I could have watched this Jelly Fish tank all day, It's like watching an old lava lamp. It's a big circular tank in the middle of a room so people can gather around it to watch.

Last edited by Taurus; 06-21-2019 at 03:14 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    In this video, you can actually see the viewing tunnels running through the tanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vroaf5j2_lY
    Last edited by Taurus; 06-21-2019 at 03:36 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

2 Not allowed!
    Wow Larry, your trip sounds delightful! Thanks for sharing. I'd love to see this place someday, too!

Matt, your humidity is wicked stuff!! 96% - that's dangerous even. Stay safe.

Happy first day of summer, y'all!
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    In this video, you can actually see the viewing tunnels running through the tanks.

That is awesome...wow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!

Oh, neat!! I missed this earlier. That is a cool perspective!
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Page 68 of 73 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast