· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 66 of 73 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast

Thread: Weather

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post

Nederland, Texas is about a 10 minute drive from my house, my daughter lives there, I lived in a few rent houses there while in collge....check this out: https://www.expressnews.com/news/loc...h-12236335.php
    Just now realized you have to "subscribe" to read that whole story

Here's a better article, from a local news site...I live in Groves

https://kfdm.com/weather/hurricane-s...rricane-harvey
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    ^ Five FEET of rain (from Harvey) !!

Incredible.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   

1 Not allowed!
    You folks almost had to build a second ark ...
    20 gal. high: planted; 5 white cloud minnows, 4 golden White Clouds, several RCS, 2 blue shrimp, 5 Amano shrimp, several snails; Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 6 rosy barbs, 6 yellow glofish, 3 red glofish, 3 zebra danios, 5 white cloud minnows, 3 dojo loaches, 6 crimson spot rainbow fish, 12 large Amano Shrimp, several snails; AC110.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a cory for all your great pics ;-) - steeler58   Have a cory for all your great pics ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - RiversGirl   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    It actually started Tuesday night, around 9 PM, and lasted until around 7 PM Wednesday, so about 22 hours...it wasn't a downpour at any point, just a steady, constant rain....sort of like Harvey was (shudders), but we had straight rain for a week during that hurricane...DD pumps just couldn't keep up, and they were unprepared for that amount of rain

Nederland, Texas is about a 10 minute drive from my house, my daughter lives there, I lived in a few rent houses there while in collge....check this out: https://www.expressnews.com/news/loc...h-12236335.php

And you are correct, a week of just below FREEZING temps around here is rare, but -25F??...seriously???...I would perish, lol

Sounds like a fun family trip you guys had, start a thread and post some pics!
    This reads soooo strange living in Nederland (The Netherlands in English).
    Unbelievable what a rain. You need Nederlanders (Dutchmen) to manage the water there.

And then Beaumont : the name of our first dog (Monty)
    No Cory, No Glory !!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDutch View Post
    You need Nederlanders (Dutchmen) to manage the water there.
    Now this is a true thing. Y'all have some very interesting ideas and methods! Perhaps start with our Midwest flood troubles that are currently still problematic (Missouri and Mississippi Rivers).

It's a muddy mess in Iowa. (I have several relatives there)
    Last edited by RiversGirl; 06-15-2019 at 12:02 AM.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mermaidwannabe View Post
    You folks almost had to build a second ark ...
    I was afraid my house was going to become one, there for several hours...my house is pier-and-beam, so the floor is a little less than 3 feet from the ground...the water at the highest point was about 4 or 5 inches from my subfloor

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDutch View Post
    This reads soooo strange living in Nederland (The Netherlands in English).
    Unbelievable what a rain. You need Nederlanders (Dutchmen) to manage the water there.

And then Beaumont : the name of our first dog (Monty)
    Yes, the town of Nederland here was established by Dutch settlers, in the late 1880's...and I wish they would have stuck around!...we could use some of that engineering expertise, obviously..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nederland,_Texas
    Last edited by Slaphppy7; 06-15-2019 at 01:24 AM.

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a cory for all your great pics ;-) - steeler58   Have a cory for all your great pics ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - RiversGirl   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

3 Not allowed!
    I was afraid my house was going to become one, there for several hours...my house is pier-and-beam, so the floor is a little less than 3 feet from the ground...the water at the highest point was about 4 or 5 inches from my subfloor

Yes, the town of Nederland here was established by Dutch settlers, in the late 1880's...and I wish they would have stuck around!...we could use some of that engineering expertise, obviously..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nederland,_Texas
    Great hahha.

Strange thunderclouds in our Nederland
    No Cory, No Glory !!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Is there some sort of "front" approaching there?....temperature drop expected?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Is there some sort of "front" approaching there?....temperature drop expected?
    Exactly that Matt !!!
    No Cory, No Glory !!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Hey, I could be a weatherman.....

Page 66 of 73 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast