· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 56 of 73 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: Weather

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a cory for all your great pics ;-) - steeler58   Have a cory for all your great pics ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - RiversGirl   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Yahoooo Springgggg.
    Cranes migrating north (Over Germany)
    River Rhine
    No Cory, No Glory !!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    It is so beautiful where you live, DD. Thanks for sharing a peek of it.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    A bit of bird trivia: One can always tell cranes in flight from herons in flight by the fact that cranes always fly with their necks straight out, whereas herons fly with their necks in an S shape. There. You've learned something.
    20 gal. high: planted; 5 white cloud minnows, 4 golden White Clouds, several RCS, 2 blue shrimp, 5 Amano shrimp, several snails; Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 6 rosy barbs, 6 yellow glofish, 3 red glofish, 3 zebra danios, 5 white cloud minnows, 3 dojo loaches, 6 crimson spot rainbow fish, 12 large Amano Shrimp, several snails; AC110.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Nice tidbit.

As far as weather goes, 70F and humid here today...mowed the lawn for the first time this summer, grass isn't really growing yet, but the weeds and clover were out of control
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Snow, snow, SNOW I am so sick and tired of the white stuff!

It was snowing all Saturday night and all day yesterday, so about 11 am I decide to take the 2" off the driveway and was successful. Then I tried to tackle the sidewalk-which had some frozen glacial snow on our side from a prior snowfall and defrost; and some skating rinks on the neighbors side form meltwater accumulation. Guess what I hit the moment I put a foot on the sidewalk? Yup skating rink and I go down solidly on my tailbone, twist my left wrist and wack my head on the snow mountain that is covering the grass section from the sidewalk to the street. So mostly shock yesterday, and some pain, a couple hours later I still made a (scary slippery and almost got into an accident) drive to Menard's (hardware store) for a PVC fitting with the intent of setting up the PVC air system framework and some racks. Got home and was in too much pain to do anything in the basement. Meanwhile overnight another 4" falls and this morning we can't get the car down the driveway because the snow is sitting on ice and the car can't get traction. I knew I should have stayed home then; #1-ooo the (butt/back/wrist) pain, #2- car doesn't want to leave cozy garage.

Take our time on the street that are slush/snow/ice covered and get onto the expressway that isn't much better and is full of traffic regardless of the holiday today (ALL of the other insurance companies and the city of Chicago are off so why aren't we?). We turn into a side street being 99% at the first stop and the car slides out of control and gets stuck/straddles on a low median/curb/flower street divider. Left side of car on oncoming traffic, right side is our traffic, middle of car is right over the flower bed with the concrete curbs on either side. Again the streets are so slushy the tires can't get a grip and it takes 15 minutes to try and back out and off the curb/median/flower bed thing and on the street again (the ## reason I should have called off). Thankfully one minute later I am at the drop off for my carpool. I continue to my work which is normally a 5 minute ride, but today it takes 15 because in Chicago/Schiller Park the snowflakes are now dinner plate size and no one has plowed here either. Get to my work without incident-thankfully. Bonus it has finally stopped snowing and the sun is out.

Not sure how long I can take to office chair though...lol
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Wow, be careful out there...sorry to hear you took a spill

Can't believe anyone is working in that mess, it's just too dangerous on the roads

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/vi...ssouri-highway

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Yikes! They just drove right into that mess! This morning the roads were worse than that here.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Looks to me like they were going a "little" fast for the conditions of the road at that time

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    You know, I would have a real problem continuing to work for a company that puts its profits before the safety of its staff. No decent, ethical company would force their people to risk their lives in the fashion that your company is forcing you to do. I would have a serious talk with management, and if they won't listen, I would begin looking elsewhere. As you have stated, ALL the other insurance companies plus the city were off that day, due to the dangerous conditions. Just WHO do these people think they are, that they can insist that their staff people endanger themselves this way? What if some of you end up getting killed? Would it even faze management,, at all?
    20 gal. high: planted; 5 white cloud minnows, 4 golden White Clouds, several RCS, 2 blue shrimp, 5 Amano shrimp, several snails; Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 6 rosy barbs, 6 yellow glofish, 3 red glofish, 3 zebra danios, 5 white cloud minnows, 3 dojo loaches, 6 crimson spot rainbow fish, 12 large Amano Shrimp, several snails; AC110.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Just a tad...

5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore