· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Thread: Fish weirs

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default Fish weirs

0 Not allowed!
    Gotta find a way to keep smaller fish from falling into overflows. What are ppl doing for this?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

for a fellow front lover - sailor   All the saltwater help! - squirt_12   Thanks! - squirt_12   For the million fish man - Lady Hobbs   Excellent puffer advice. - Brookfish   

1 Not allowed!
    Some use mesh.
    African cichlid and saltwater aquariums

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

for you sick fish - mac   I'm sorry waylon!  Didn't mean at all to discredit you!  Sorry to hear of your crazy mean angelfish!  You taught me a lesson. - angelcraze2   For being a friendly memeber - mac   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   great job on figuring out your photos - bpete   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefbrody View Post
    Gotta find a way to keep smaller fish from falling into overflows. What are ppl doing for this?
    Depends on the type of overflow. If it is drilled on the back (like mine) I just use a simple eshopps sponge. If it is a corner flow, I would suggest kaybee's answer of using a mesh.
    My Aquarium Journals:

LiveBearer Aquascape

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your cycle. - Slaphppy7   Have a tetra, glad your here ;-) - steeler58   They didn't have an eel so here's a foxface haha - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    stole this from another forum but here you go, I also included the notes about the lesson he learned about it. Its just egg crate/light diffuser mesh and zip ties.

"I should note, the holes are rather small and Ive had my salinity drop due to over topping off from ATO. Sludge builds up and its hard to remove, I since made little rectangle cutouts (2 small squares wide) and it has reduced the amount of Top Off water but still to the point I must clean them daily (a little irritating for myself). I might start using a toothbrush to maintenance them.

With that said, I've found baby brittle stars on them so they are keeping the things I want to stay in my display."

20171205_171908.jpg

20171205_180342.jpg

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mch1984 View Post
    stole this from another forum but here you go, I also included the notes about the lesson he learned about it. Its just egg crate/light diffuser mesh and zip ties.

"I should note, the holes are rather small and Ive had my salinity drop due to over topping off from ATO. Sludge builds up and its hard to remove, I since made little rectangle cutouts (2 small squares wide) and it has reduced the amount of Top Off water but still to the point I must clean them daily (a little irritating for myself). I might start using a toothbrush to maintenance them.

With that said, I've found baby brittle stars on them so they are keeping the things I want to stay in my display."

20171205_171908.jpg

20171205_180342.jpg
    I like it. Close to what I fashioned myself. I used eggcrate with a layer of poly fibre. Mesh/zip-ties is a much better idea.The poly batting gunks up and slows down the flow