· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family :-) - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you too! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Congrats! - Slaphppy7   

Default Curious about Ancistrus sp. Albino "Long-finned"

0 Not allowed!
    Is this a naturally occurring Ancistrus species or is this variety hybridized or line bred? I have seen a variety of responses on the internet.
    Also, what is the actual size that they get. I have seen 5 inches, but mine ( a female) is approximately 7" from nose to end of tail.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a cory for all your great pics ;-) - steeler58   Have a cory for all your great pics ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - RiversGirl   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    A linebred variaty of the Ancistrus cf cirrhosus (which is expected to be a crossbred of several Ancistrus-species itself).
    No Cory, No Glory !!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a frontosa, to start your collection - Slaphppy7   4 the help - rookie   

1 Not allowed!
    Albino LF's are man made, My largest breeders are the males at 5" and females at 4.5"
    Is your 7" pleco an albino LF

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    My largest standard fin breeders are the same size as fissh said, they all top out at 5" for the male, and 4.5" for females. I guess if you're measuring the fins, she could be 7", those must be some long fins!
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 12-10-2017 at 06:56 PM.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family :-) - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you too! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Congrats! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    That is with fins. Ill try to put on measuring tape to get an accurate measurement. Maybe it isn't an ancistrus at all? I am not at all an expert on pleco's.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    I was going to suggest that, that maybe she is an albino different pleco species, but I've never kept the long-finned variety, so I guess the caudal fin could be almost as long as the fish. I know with angelfish, you're supposed to stop measuring where the body ends and tail fin starts when measuring lengthwise to keep the veils in proportion to standard fin.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Okay, he isn't as long as I thought... I told a "big fish" story-- my eyes deceived me.
    I thought he looked bigger in the tank than my largest discus, but it looks like he is anywhere ( it was hard to get a picture because he wouldn't stop moving!) between 5.5 and 6 inches.
    Is it ancistrus?

IMG_6837.jpg
    IMG_6885.jpg

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Looking at the measurement on screen-- closer to 5.5"?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Lol!
    I'm not a pleco pro either, someone else can answer for sure, but she looks like a BN pleco to me. Oh, I didn't know you were being that precise! She looks like she's 5.5". Nice pleco :) I always liked the LF albinos, they remind me of ghost-like creatures.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    Lol!
    I'm not a pleco pro either, someone else can answer for sure, but she looks like a BN pleco to me. Oh, I didn't know you were being that precise! She looks like she's 5.5". Nice pleco :) I always liked the LF albinos, they remind me of ghost-like creatures.
    Thank you!