· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    Mystery snails do not need to be out of the water, although many of them like to escape their tank every once in a while...I had one do it just the other day...supposedly, it's females looking for other bodies of water to breed in, but not sure if that is true or not.

You can fully fill the tank with mystery snails, but the choice is yours...surface agitation/gas exchange is usually better when the surface of the tank water is at the lip of the waterfall of HOB filters.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you!  Miss you at the forum. - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Silbar   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Silbar   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Silbar   

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by fishyoutuber View Post
    One thing that I am thinking of doing in April is upgrading my tank to a 20 gallon tank. From there, what is the recommended amount of fish that I would be able to stock the tank with? What is the recommended amount of fish I should have in my ten gallon tank?
    Take a look at www.aqadvisor.com You plug in your tanks info and it will give you a good estimate on your stocking and filtration levels for your situation. Play around with it by adding and subtracting stock on the site. It gives a good ballpark.
    Also, when you do upgrade to a 20 take a look at the 20Long vs the 20G (tall). It is personal preference but I prefer the 20L (long).
    Last edited by Silbar; 12-06-2017 at 05:40 PM.
    Sil's 2nd Time Around 75G...Journal
    Sil's 75G...Journal
    Sil's 20L...Journal
    Sil's 10G...Journal

RIP Deb, we miss you.

Real courage is moving forward when the outcome is uncertain~~Fortune Cookie

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks  for the friend request - Silbar   

2 Not allowed!
    Thanks for all of the information guys, woke up this morning and did a test on my tank.

Ammonia- 0 ppm
    Nitrites- 0 ppm
    Nitrates- 0-5 ppm
    Ph-7.0

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    That's more like it....test again in 24 hours

Forgot to tell you, but the instructions for measuring Prime direct you to use the bottle cap...it's much easier (and more accurate, IMO) to use a medicinal syringe...they're usually marked in increments of ml....Prime dosing is 1 ml per 10G of water, I usually dose 1.5 ml in my 10G just to be safe when doing water changes.

How is the platy and the rest of the fish doing?

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you!  Miss you at the forum. - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Silbar   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Silbar   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by fishyoutuber View Post
    Thanks for all of the information guys, woke up this morning and did a test on my tank.

Ammonia- 0 ppm
    Nitrites- 0 ppm
    Nitrates- 0-5 ppm
    Ph-7.0
    That's great news!
    Sil's 2nd Time Around 75G...Journal
    Sil's 75G...Journal
    Sil's 20L...Journal
    Sil's 10G...Journal

RIP Deb, we miss you.

Real courage is moving forward when the outcome is uncertain~~Fortune Cookie

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    You've gotten great advice so far and it is nice to see that you are following their guidance.

Have you determined the gender of your Platys yet? I see you have listed your tank's stock, which includes 3 of them. You have referred to one as a she. As you may already be aware, Platys are livebearers.

To determine gender (if you don't already know) you would look at the anal fin -- this is the second fin back, on the underside of your fish. If there is a gonopodium, it is a male fish.

Image found to use as an example:
    https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...otos&FORM=IGRE
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    RiversGirl, I haven't gotten around to sexing all of them yet. However I know the one with clamped fins is a girl for sure. she is still swimming around with her fins slightly clamped, but I am thinking that she will need time to heal from the OD of nitrates and nitrites that was in the tank to begin with.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    If the other two are both males, she very well could be trying to hide away from them a bit.

You are doing a great thing, increasing your water changing regimen.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Just finished up a video for my YouTube channel on the importance of checking all of the levels in my fish tank. I want to thank all of you for the information that you have provided to help me to get my tank back in balance so that my fish will be happy. Even my Gouramis is a lot more happy, he has pulled up some of my plants and have been playing with it lol.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    How long ago were the platys added?...about how big are they?

What kind of gouramis are in the tank?...and the single cory?

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast