· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    I prefer the first one. Anubias glued all along the wood, larger sword in the back left corner with some crypts in front of that moving down toward the front. Maybe a couple of Hygro Corymbosa, or some crypt lucens or crypt balansae in the back right and some dwarf sagittaria in front of those.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on cycling your tank! - Silbar   Thanks! - Boundava   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   
    Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - KENR   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    Two territories for a pair of rams Ken? Or other fish?

I'll vote for #5 because I like the divisions at the base for rams, the layout makes mazes and caves. With a dirted tank, your plants will grow crazy, you'll be able to add height interest with them.
    Yes Kat, still thinking 2 pairs of rams.
    I Have read a little bit on keeping rams and apistos. I talked with Joe a little on this, he said he never kept them together. I have to research a little more, thanks for your input.
    If it's too loud you're too old
    If it's too fast then it must be thrash

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on cycling your tank! - Silbar   Thanks! - Boundava   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   
    Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - KENR   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SueD View Post
    I prefer the first one. Anubias glued all along the wood, larger sword in the back left corner with some crypts in front of that moving down toward the front. Maybe a couple of Hygro Corymbosa, or some crypt lucens or crypt balansae in the back right and some dwarf sagittaria in front of those.
    I am kinda liking 1 too. The one draw back is the amount of space it takes up.
    When you say glue all along, you talking around the base or all over it?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your luck has to get better... - Slaphppy7   positive wishes for your troubled tank! - SeaLady   Flowers to sooth you - lots of stress lately. - DebinWhitmore   You are the cycling queen - Silbar   your right ;-) - AmazonJoe   
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - cajunqn81   

0 Not allowed!
    Not sure what Sue was aiming for, but I'd say any and all of the above. Especially if you get something like A.nana, those things have got some spread to them once they settle in and start growing

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Something in these areas. I would then plant something else in the substrate around the base area - maybe some dwarf sag or blyxa japonica.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey nut View Post
    Yes Kat, still thinking 2 pairs of rams.
    I Have read a little bit on keeping rams and apistos. I talked with Joe a little on this, he said he never kept them together. I have to research a little more, thanks for your input.
    Ok two pairs. I forgot about that, I was thinking you wanted two territories for one pair and dither fish. I'm not sure about apisto with rams either, I was asking if it was a good idea in a 120g, but I have my reservations about it. I have only kept rams so far, Love them
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 01-30-2018 at 06:27 PM.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    I vote #2-not to be difficult but because it does a good job of leaving room for anubias and splitting the tank up, and gives good height to the tank. #5 is nice but flat, I love #6 but that will be a nightmare to clean and maintain for plants.

Blyxa can be a bit fussy, if you use it make sure you plant first and give them time to get good roots going before you add the fish.

I have used staurogyne before and it has done well, just trim the tops once established and it gets very busy
    download.jpg

Of course the easiest in my opinion would be some crypts, you have some high lighting in there so they should stay compact. The lower the light the taller the plant (as it grows up to search for light).

Good luck to you.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Ok, not trying to be difficult either, I know I always liked discussion about scape. Whatever you go with, make sure it pops out to you Ken.

What about a mix of 2 and 3? I like how the DW piece on the right is flatter in #3. I'd prop it up with a large rock(s) instead of leaning it on the other DW piece.

Just a suggestion!
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your luck has to get better... - Slaphppy7   positive wishes for your troubled tank! - SeaLady   Flowers to sooth you - lots of stress lately. - DebinWhitmore   You are the cycling queen - Silbar   your right ;-) - AmazonJoe   
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - cajunqn81   

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boundava View Post
    I vote #2-not to be difficult but because it does a good job of leaving room for anubias and splitting the tank up, and gives good height to the tank. #5 is nice but flat, I love #6 but that will be a nightmare to clean and maintain for plants.

Blyxa can be a bit fussy, if you use it make sure you plant first and give them time to get good roots going before you add the fish.

I have used staurogyne before and it has done well, just trim the tops once established and it gets very busy
    download.jpg

Of course the easiest in my opinion would be some crypts, you have some high lighting in there so they should stay compact. The lower the light the taller the plant (as it grows up to search for light).

Good luck to you.
    When I was setting up the different configurations, I looked at #2 and thought, if you chimed in that would be one you liked. Could you imagine that covered in the moss you have me?. With the high light and the crypts growing compact. Would they grow fast enough to trim regularly?
    If I am reading D Walstad's book correctly. The plants tank up the toxins and what not but they need to grow fast enough so you can trim them to remove the "crap" from the tank, at least at the beginning, she does talk about fast growing plants to start and once established mix in less aggressive plants.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast