· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    Thanks, Nat. Now it's just a matter of luring him out of the rockwork and ripping him out of there. He's a stubborn bas$%^d. I think he knew I'm ticked off because he stayed hiding inside my hammer coral all day and night and wouldn't come out even when my son was feeding the anemone some krill. Usually that little bugger is one of the first to come out when the scent of food hits the water.

Just ordered another haul of dry rock from BRS along with some more Caribsea Arag-Alive sand and some putty. The new plan is to take the 29gal that is in the closet, add some nice tall rockwork to it and fresh substrate, and then move everything from the current 20long into the slightly bigger tank. The original plan was to convert my 90gal into SW, but my wife officially nixed that idea this past weekend when she suddenly got the urge to completely rescape the tank. Looks amazing and she spent hours on it so now I don't have the heart to tear it all down haha

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Welcome Back! - Boundava   Here is a coral to tide you over until you decide what to get for your 40 - bpete   Sorry for the ich, you'll defeat it. - mch1984   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   

0 Not allowed!
    I think you'll enjoy the 29 gallon. They're one of my favorite tanks, possibly the favorite. And I don't have one. And they're on sale at Petco. And I need to stay far away from the sale. lol I know someday I will want to downsize my SW tank and when that happens, I'm pretty sure I'll end up going to a 29. So, I will really be looking forward to watching your new build!

Quote Originally Posted by BluewaterBoof View Post
    Thanks, Nat. Now it's just a matter of luring him out of the rockwork and ripping him out of there. He's a stubborn bas$%^d. I think he knew I'm ticked off because he stayed hiding inside my hammer coral all day and night and wouldn't come out even when my son was feeding the anemone some krill. Usually that little bugger is one of the first to come out when the scent of food hits the water.

Just ordered another haul of dry rock from BRS along with some more Caribsea Arag-Alive sand and some putty. The new plan is to take the 29gal that is in the closet, add some nice tall rockwork to it and fresh substrate, and then move everything from the current 20long into the slightly bigger tank. The original plan was to convert my 90gal into SW, but my wife officially nixed that idea this past weekend when she suddenly got the urge to completely rescape the tank. Looks amazing and she spent hours on it so now I don't have the heart to tear it all down haha

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    Yeah I like them. A 29gal was actually my first tank (not including my son's little 10gal betta tank). I only got rid of it because I was getting more fish than I had room for hahaha

I like that it retains the same footprint as my current 20long so I can keep using the stand and mesh lid that I made as well as the new light. Should be a pretty straightforward transfer from the current into the new.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Finally got the tanks switched out. I procrastinated a bit more than I should have but it is now done haha

The wooden stand we built ended up being adopted for use as a plaything for my son. Shortly after building it I came home to find it laying down on its side with my son curled up inside with all kinds of blankets and stuffed animals, so it unofficially became a nest for him to play with. No big deal as it was only about $25 worth of lumber. So I just ended up keeping the cinder block stand that I've been using.

That created some, uh, speed bumps. I was hoping to have the tank set up on the new stand prior to filling it up and transferring the animals and rockwork over from the old tank. Not being able to have the tank set up and filled beforehand required some juggling and heavy lifting as I only had bucket volume for about 20 gal yet needed 29 gal of water on hand to fill the new tank once it was in place. Took some back and forth pumping between the tanks and various buckets but we got it done.

New tank looks amazing. Granted, it is the same footprint and only 6" taller but visually it's a big difference to us and we are happy with it. I also painted this one black whereas the old one had a white background. The colors of the corals and fish definitely pop in contrast to the dark background.

I'm always worried about how the animals take to new tanks, but so far they all seem to be somewhat oblivious to the move. The bubble tip anemone is my mineshaft canary so to speak and yesterday it was open and extended nicely and pounded back three large chunks of krill. The only animal in there that isn't looking as fluffy and extended as it was pre-move is the tiny frogspawn frag I have but that thing has always been finicky. Out of all my corals that is the only one that hasn't just taken off and grown like crazy.

I still had some cloudiness yesterday because I was still making small tweaks to the rockwork and adjustments to the wavemakers but tonight the tank should be clear enough for some decent photos.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

3 Not allowed!
    Everyone still seems to be happy. All accept that dumb frogspawn hiding on that far right rock. I honestly don’t know what to do with it. I’ve tried low light, soft light, high flow, low flow, direct feeding, etc. I had a purple tip frogspawn that grew very fast and was always fluffy. I’ve had this one for over a year and it is virtually the same size. Oh well.

8E4BDBB3-BDB7-45AA-A432-CC101185548E.jpeg

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Healing vibes.  Read and rest your fingers! - RiversGirl   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! (USA) - Slaphppy7   

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BluewaterBoof View Post
    Everyone still seems to be happy. All accept that dumb frogspawn hiding on that far right rock. I honestly donít know what to do with it. Iíve tried low light, soft light, high flow, low flow, direct feeding, etc. I had a purple tip frogspawn that grew very fast and was always fluffy. Iíve had this one for over a year and it is virtually the same size. Oh well.

8E4BDBB3-BDB7-45AA-A432-CC101185548E.jpeg
    I have found the same with some zoas.
    They can be picky, hide shrivel and die.

Yet on the other side a colony of different color zoa are busy growing.

It's like some sulk others don't.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Welcome Back! - Boundava   Here is a coral to tide you over until you decide what to get for your 40 - bpete   Sorry for the ich, you'll defeat it. - mch1984   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   

1 Not allowed!
    Hooray for getting everything moved from the 20L to the 29! The tank looks good. Even with the dumb frogspawn. lol

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

2 Not allowed!
    It does look great, congrats on getting it all done. Maybe that little guy will like the new tank and perk up for you.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boundava View Post
    Maybe that little guy will like the new tank and perk up for you.
    Possibly but I dunno... As Mac pointed out, corals can be maddeningly frustrating at times. That particular bugger has already been in two other tanks and the earliest record I have of it is in a video from May of last year. It had two tiny heads then and it still only has two tiny heads.

I had two frogspawn corals before The Big Sell-Off. This one and a beautiful purple-tipped frogspawn that had no problems growing. Of course it was the beautiful purple one that someone took and I was left with this pitiful one haha Aaahhh...it's just frustrating that everything I have ever put in the tanks has taken off except for that little *&^%.

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344