· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

6 Not allowed!
    Well look who decided to finally make a showing. I haven’t seen this critter since the night I put it in the tank. I was starting to worry it had become something’s meal until I saw a fresh molt yesterday.

C32CEE58-B7EE-4643-B788-B0C50AEB3117.png

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a fish. - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    awesome, how long have you had it?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

2 Not allowed!
    Two weeks and some change, I believe.

Everyone I had talked to about them had told me similar stories where they will go months without seeing them and fear the worst, so I wasn't exactly panicking when it disappeared but that first week or two is a critical time for new additions so it was a relief finding that molt and then a big treat getting to see it.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

5 Not allowed!
    Leptastrea frag is really liking the new light! Some amazing polyp extension, really furry!

leptastrea.jpg

This is the stuff that is encrusting one of my big rocks. I haven't been able to get any good photos because the angle of the rock/coral relative to the front glass creates some bad distortion when trying to focus with my phone, but this little frag is separate and up front where I can watch it. I say "little" but it's actually on a 3" ceramic disk which is about 80% covered.

I really love this coral and I'm surprised there aren't more people out there with it in their tanks. It is very low-maintenance.
    Last edited by BluewaterBoof; 06-19-2019 at 04:07 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Healing vibes.  Read and rest your fingers! - RiversGirl   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! (USA) - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Did a little scrolling and nothing poped up about your new light.

What did you get??

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Welcome Back! - Boundava   Here is a coral to tide you over until you decide what to get for your 40 - bpete   Sorry for the ich, you'll defeat it. - mch1984   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BluewaterBoof View Post
    Leptastrea frag is really liking the new light! Some amazing polyp extension, really furry!

leptastrea.jpg

This is the stuff that is encrusting one of my big rocks. I haven't been able to get any good photos because the angle of the rock/coral relative to the front glass creates some bad distortion when trying to focus with my phone, but this little frag is separate and up front where I can watch it. I say "little" but it's actually on a 3" ceramic disk which is about 80% covered.

I really love this coral and I'm surprised there aren't more people out there with it in their tanks. It is very low-maintenance.
    I may have to look into adding one to my tank down the road. I'm still trying to get familiar with the different LPS. It's good to see pics and hear how different corals do for others.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Did a little scrolling and nothing poped up about your new light.

What did you get??
    I picked up a new 18" sBox from SBReefLights. Kind of more towards the upper end of the budget stuff. Far from the fancy Radions and AI Primes but I'm happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by showmebutterfly View Post
    I may have to look into adding one to my tank down the road. I'm still trying to get familiar with the different LPS. It's good to see pics and hear how different corals do for others.
    You can't really go wrong with it. It isn't picky about light nor water parameters. Because it is an encrusting coral I wouldn't put it near anything that you can't move should it start getting too close. It doesn't sting corals or anything, but it may try encrusting over them if allowed.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   sorry to hear about your knee. since you dont drink herea a slice - bpete   

2 Not allowed!
    Wow, Andre. Great pictures. You (and recent experiences with tidepools in northern Cali) ALMOST make me want to try a salt-water tank. What kind of gobies are those?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Lots of great photos! Love the gobies-they are always so darn grumpy its what makes them so endearing to me. Want to get a couple freshwater in my river tank. Nice buy with the zoas, looking forward to seeing your set up. Was that a pom-pom crab, well the salty equivalent that magically appeared? S/he is a cutie and I am glad its made its presence known.

Quote Originally Posted by WhistlingBadger View Post
    Wow, Andre. Great pictures. You (and recent experiences with tidepools in northern Cali) ALMOST make me want to try a salt-water tank. What kind of gobies are those?
    Hey Tom, I have a brackish tank I set up, its a little 5 gallon but it has some of the Hawaiian opae'ula shrimp (hiding out in the filter) and a bumblebee goby in it. Not too hard to set up. You can start small, lol.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks!

The gobies are called Wheeler's prawn gobies. Some sites list them as Gorgeous gobies.

What's holding you back from setting up a SW tank?

Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 LastLast