· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Welcome Back! - Boundava   Here is a coral to tide you over until you decide what to get for your 40 - bpete   Sorry for the ich, you'll defeat it. - mch1984   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   

1 Not allowed!
    I'm glad the gobies arrived safely and look forward to seeing pics of them in their new home! Congrats on the new light too.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by showmebutterfly View Post
    I'm glad the gobies arrived safely and look forward to seeing pics of them in their new home! Congrats on the new light too.
    Honestly, I feel a bit of guilt about the gobies. I worked very hard to ensure that my twin-spot/signal goby was well-fed and content. He was a very picky eater and I spent a lot of time fussing over him. Getting rid of him when we were getting ready for the move that never happened stung a bit more than the other animals I gave up at the time. I feel like I'm cheating on him or something haha

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

2 Not allowed!
    Someone looks very grumpy but took no time at all to make themselves at home haha

5E08A235-6CC9-4203-93F3-3DA2D94E3A1B.jpeg

The second one is the blur sticking its head out of a burrow it already made :)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Welcome Back! - Boundava   Here is a coral to tide you over until you decide what to get for your 40 - bpete   Sorry for the ich, you'll defeat it. - mch1984   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BluewaterBoof View Post
    Someone looks very grumpy but took no time at all to make themselves at home haha

5E08A235-6CC9-4203-93F3-3DA2D94E3A1B.jpeg

The second one is the blur sticking its head out of a burrow it already made :)
    They're so cute! Do they seem to be getting along with each other?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Grumpy, indeed!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by showmebutterfly View Post
    They're so cute! Do they seem to be getting along with each other?
    So far, yes. When they both first entered the tank they occupied that same hidey spot in the back-left of that photo. Neither seemed upset by the other's presence. The one resting on the zoanthids came out a while later and has been preferring hanging out in the open in the front of the tank while the other one seems content with staying in the burrow. It will be interesting to see what they have or haven't done today while I'm stuck at work.

Tonight I am going to see if they will accept some R.O.E. soaked in Selcon. That was my twin-spot's favorite supplemental food. If I can get their appetite going with the ROE when I will try some mysis, next.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

3 Not allowed!
    The gobies are doing good. Much bolder and are eating well. They ignored the ROE that I tried feeding last week but attack thawed mysis with enthusiasm.

Coral Con was on Saturday and I came home with seven new zoas, two micromussa, a favia, and a cyphastrea. All bought and paid for with other people's money as a belated bday present haha The gobies love to hang out amidst the zoa plugs, for some strange reason.

grumpy.jpg

Unfortunately, I must have burnt the cyphastrea and favia frags during my coral dip. Both shed most of their flesh within an hour of the dip, with the favia seeming to attack itself with its own sweeper tentacles. Don't really know what happened there. I've been dipping frags ever since I got infested with vermetid worms a while back and never lost a frag to dipping. The two frags came from one of my local guys who was at the convention. I may swing by this afternoon to see if he has any more of those particular frags because I really liked them.

My new light is arriving today! Really looking forward to stepping up the light game and getting a much more pleasant viewing experience. I'm sure the corals will appreciate the more full-bodied spectrum, as well. Nothing ever really did poorly under the current lights, but I also made a point not to get any of the really demanding corals, either. This new light will let me attempt whatever I want.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    You got some pretty zoas and a really cute pic of the goby. I don't have any zoas yet, but may be getting a free frag if I end up going to the reef club meeting. Weather reports are predicting thunderstorms, so they may convince me to stay home.
    I'm sorry to hear the cyphastrea and favia didn't survive, but so happy the gobies are doing well.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Zoas have always done really well in my tank. I've been looking at a lot of zoa gardens online and want to give it a try. I have some clean dry rock from Bulk Reef Supply arriving tomorrow that I'm going to set up in the tank and hopefully make a nice arrangement for the zoas to attach to and cover *fingers crossed*

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    Cool. I look forward to tagging along with your latest project.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast