· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the laugh! - BluewaterBoof   Congratulations on the return! - AmazonJoe   Thank you for your inside and suggestions - Silbar   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   You need one more for the 17ft tank lol - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    The adventure begins!
    Think with logic and rationality more than emotion. Act with moderation and consideration. Contemplate ideals and realistic goals and weigh out possibilities and options. Temper not with personal delusions or false hope but learn to accept and move on.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    No more messy hydrometer to measure my salinity and specific gravity. My fancy little refractometer finally arrived. Looks like a friggin lightsaber haha

WP_20171201_005.jpg

The tank looks so cool with the actinic lights, but the color really messes up the way the camera photographs it all.

WP_20171201_003.jpg

For those who haven't seen saltwater tanks in person, the actinic lights aren't nearly as dark as this photo. They're similar to freshwater moonlights, but a bit brighter.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the laugh! - BluewaterBoof   Congratulations on the return! - AmazonJoe   Thank you for your inside and suggestions - Silbar   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   You need one more for the 17ft tank lol - BluewaterBoof   

2 Not allowed!
    Boof, I know you're taking out the Darth Vader helmet and walking around with that refractometer.

The electric flame scallop would look stunning under the actinic with the flashes. Too bad you can't keep that thing any time soon, lol.
    Think with logic and rationality more than emotion. Act with moderation and consideration. Contemplate ideals and realistic goals and weigh out possibilities and options. Temper not with personal delusions or false hope but learn to accept and move on.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    Those scallops are soooooo cool. I'm still in awe after watching that video last night.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your cycle. - Slaphppy7   Have a tetra, glad your here ;-) - steeler58   They didn't have an eel so here's a foxface haha - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    Glad I finally got to this and am getting to follow. I didn't realize AC had an active saltwater group. For me, I always thought about saltwater but thought it would be too complicated and I wouldn't like it. Finally my wife pushed me to buy a little 12 gallon used nano and it has taken off since then. Its exciting watching coral eat, develop and the interaction between everything. The tank looks great!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

3 Not allowed!
    What's up fish folks?!

Big update for this tank. Have had my first several corals in the tank for a week now, and they have done amazing. Params for the tank remain stable and I'm finding little organisms running around and even some goodies like little featherdusters are growing out of the live rock. All in all, I'd say that this tank is so far a success.

Due to the healthy behavior of the current corals, I have decided to take a fairly large leap and take advantage of a huge coral sale on the AquariumDepot website. Once my shipment comes in, I will upload a bunch of progression shots. For now, I will provide stock images of the corals to give ideas of what the animals will look like.

Here are the types I already have in the tank:

Red Acan
    redacan.jpg

Multicolored Acan
    blueacan.jpg

Orange Button Polyps (this is my own photo, as I could not find any stock images)
    orangebutton.jpg

This next one was sold to me as a Jack-O-Lantern Leptoseris, but others have told me it is a regular Orange Lepto
    orangelepto.jpg

Current major inhabitants are:

Electric Blue Hermits
    crabhermitelectricblueleg.jpg

Trochus Snails
    trochus.jpg

Next post will be a rundown of all the new items I just ordered.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Items which should be arriving on Monday.

Zoanthids (zoas)

Barney Zoa
    barneyzoa.jpg

Candy Apple Zoa
    candyapplezoa.jpg

Radioactive Zoa
    radioactivezoa.png

Leather coral (Toadstool)
    toadstoolleather.jpg

Purple Favites
    purplefavites.png

These next ones are going to be an experiment, as their placement is going to play an important role in their success/failure in the tank.

Duncan coral
    duncan.png

Blueberry Gorgonian
    blueberrygorgonian.jpg
    Last edited by BluewaterBoof; 12-15-2017 at 06:53 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

4 Not allowed!
    And finally, I also ordered several of these guys to get some new inverts into the tank. These are called Sexy Shrimp, due to the little booty-swaying dance they are known for.

sexyshrimp.jpg

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - RiversGirl   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holidays to you!  Miss you at the forum. - Boundava   

2 Not allowed!
    Looks awesome boof! Great set up. Whenever I can get a chance to build a salt water tank I want the whole thing filled with zoanthids. I think they are so neat. I saw a video online of a tank that had nothing but those guys in it and it blew my mind.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Thanks, man!

Yeah, I really like the zoas as they come in some pretty wacky colors. My current favorites are the acans, though. They look amazing when glowing under the actinic lights. Plus they're fun to feed :)

Fast-forward to the 1:30 mark to see some crazy feeding action. I don't use a turkey baster to feed mine as I take great care not to leave leftover food in the nano tank. Using long tweezers to directly feed mine prevents uneaten food from fouling up the tank.

Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast