· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Cheers! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BluewaterBoof View Post
    Will be swinging by my local reef store in the next day or two to pick through their live rock and get my electric blue hermit :)
    I was wondering if you had a reef\marine store nearby. I'm really interested to see how this project turns out although I have no doubt it will be a success.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

2 Not allowed!
    The local reef store puts all other pet shops here to shame. It is run by two gentlemen, I believe father and son, and it is meticulously kept.

This is just one of the tanks they have showcasing their corals:

2017_11_25_14_43_43_ProShot.jpg

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Once MTS has started there is no stopping it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spardas View Post
    MTS in full swing.
    Kind of... Our house begins to feel cluttered once there are 4+ tanks scattered around. I've torn down some tanks in the past when it gets like this. I'm in the process of trying to unload a lot of my plants from a couple other tanks so that I can break them down and focus on my marine projects.

Besides, I grew tired of a lot of the freshwater stuff a long time ago. That's why I became so fixated on trying to do fancy aquascapes. Gave me something new to try out and was much more interesting that staring at a bunch of tetras swimming in place. Marine life is so much more complex and beautiful. Incredibly diverse life forms that have some pretty wild interactions with each other, and the colors are simply mind-boggling.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Healing vibes.  Read and rest your fingers! - RiversGirl   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! (USA) - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Appart from cichilds and black water rift lakes marine will take over for me.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Yeah I'm just tired of staring at little tetras and cories. Saltwater is a Pandora's Box. It's interesting to see photos here and there from others, but easy to dismiss until you actually put some thought and research into it. Once you actually take time - not just a couple minutes to watch a YouTube video or something, but like two days of just reading, watching, learning - there's just no comparison. It's like a huge flood gate is suddenly opened and you're just bombarded with hundreds of unique animals and their amazing little interactions. That pom pom crab I linked on the first page was a perfect example. When was the last time you saw a tetra form a symbiotic relationship with a cherry shrimp, letting the shrimp ride on its back so that it could ward off predators and in exchange the tetra fed the shrimp? I've learned about many of those kinds of relationships in marine animals and I'm sure I've only barely scratched the surface.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Healing vibes.  Read and rest your fingers! - RiversGirl   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! (USA) - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    I love the fw. But for me marine is more interesting. That and I grew up swimming on the barrier reef. So naturally it is in my blood to see marine life.
    But the interaction of most basic fw fish isnt that interesting. Though cichlids change it a bit.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Cheers! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BluewaterBoof View Post
    The local reef store puts all other pet shops here to shame. It is run by two gentlemen, I believe father and son, and it is meticulously kept.
    What's not to love about that. I certainly would take advantage of the situation. Again, good luck and thanks for sharing the experience here.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I had a couple of setbacks yesterday, but the tank is up and ready for the live rock and the first inhabitant(s). I brought my bucket with me to work so that I can head over to the reef store later and pick up the rock. I'm definitely grabbing an electric blue hermit. I may also grab a snail but I'm not too sure about that. The ones I saw during my first visit looked fine and healthy, but I wasn't too thrilled about the species they had. I'm also getting feedback from other reefers that their electric hermits were killing the snails for shells. I have an order of assorted shells coming in, but some of the folks I talked to claimed they had extra shells in their tanks, too, and it didn't discourage the hermits from turning murderous. So I dunno. I guess it depends on the price of the snails over there and if I can find any I find visually appealing.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the laugh! - BluewaterBoof   Congratulations on the return! - AmazonJoe   Thank you for your inside and suggestions - Silbar   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   You need one more for the 17ft tank lol - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    That depends on the size and shape of the snails as well and if the hermit has enough to much on. My star astrea snails are left alone.
    Think with logic and rationality more than emotion. Act with moderation and consideration. Contemplate ideals and realistic goals and weigh out possibilities and options. Temper not with personal delusions or false hope but learn to accept and move on.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!

We have two of these guys. At the time the video was shot, the second hermit was hiding in his shell. They are now both active and moving around the tank.
    Last edited by BluewaterBoof; 12-01-2017 at 01:33 AM.

Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast