· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    Hahaha love that show.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BluewaterBoof View Post
    One of my favorite clips....

Brutal colony attacks and leaves just bare skeleton behind.

Just incredible. About how long would something like that take? Once the damage had started, can some of the "victim" coral still be saved?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    @SueD hours to days, I'd imagine, depending on the size of the colonies. The video covers six days.

As for if they can come back, yes, they are very resilient. You can take a colony like that and use a band saw and cut it up into pieces consisting of just a couple of heads. Those small fragments (frags, for short) will grow and multiply into their own large colonies provided they have good parameters. Coral fragging and selling is not unlike trimming freshwater plants and selling the trimmings. Saltwater tanks are a bit of an investment. You put in a lot of money into the lighting and initial animals, but once the corals start growing out you can frag them and start making back what you spent on the tank.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Neat little video on fragging

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    Interesting. Thanks for sharing.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the laugh! - BluewaterBoof   Congratulations on the return! - AmazonJoe   Thank you for your inside and suggestions - Silbar   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   You need one more for the 17ft tank lol - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    Sorry, Boof. I pulled you to the dark side and got you addicted. Great job so far.
    Think with logic and rationality more than emotion. Act with moderation and consideration. Contemplate ideals and realistic goals and weigh out possibilities and options. Temper not with personal delusions or false hope but learn to accept and move on.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's a betta for you. - Slaphppy7   For your oscar heimlich rescue :) - BluewaterBoof   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    very interesting to see this process.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

5 Not allowed!
    Well, I fought it for five months. Every time we went to the reef shop, the wife and kid would gravitate towards the clowns. A week or two ago I finally gave in. I just hope he doesn't turn into a jerk. I've heard/read so many stories about clowns turning mean as they get older, which is one of the main reasons I was against getting one in the first place.

Here is our clown, Pennywise.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   sorry to hear about your knee. since you dont drink herea a slice - bpete   

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    You nailed it buddy!

Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast