· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Ok I asked about natural methods a week ago and kinda got the opinion that it would cause a roller coaster on every water change. I have a 3x5x2 approx chunk of drift wood and I just pulled out the chunk of dolomite limestone also called fondulac stone I had in there to increase the Kh. Would I add the oak leaves to my water change buckets and bubble them for the week prior to using them. I’m doing a 2 gal change once a week unless I have to work then just as soon as I can. Same with using peat in the filter. Does it need to be in the wc water as well? Lastly I can still get oak leaves off a tree but it snowed a couple days ago so should I grab a bunch and freeze them for the winter? And do I just let them float? A sticky on all natural methods of water parameter stabilization would be amazing. Give me a few months and if there is not one I should have it down. Oh and are there any good Kh meters on the market?969300C1-57D5-4C5E-B7B3-D0A5200D875F.jpg

1F933115-B726-4E1D-BAC2-B5F27AD8BC61.jpg

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Amber Ale will have to do :-) - Taurus   Congrats on winning POTM! - Silbar   For the nice vid ;-) - steeler58   Congrats on the 2nd spawn. - Silbar   A bit of good luck can't hurt during Irma. Stay safe as possible. - Taurus   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - AmazonJoe   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - AmazonJoe   

1 Not allowed!
    I find that to be the exact opposite chemicals are way less stable and $$$

Here is a nice article to read through to get you up to speed with botanicals https://tanninaquatics.com/blogs/new...ater-aquariums

I prefer to float the leaves until they sink naturally I collect from my yard or somewhere I know for sure hasn't had contaminets like pesticides etc..

The leaves must be dead and have fallen off naturally idk if it's possible now for you to collect after the snow best to purchase some perhaps

I use a cheap TDS meter off Amazon this will give you a instant reading and you can determine the hardness based off the TDS
    Last edited by AmazonJoe; 11-05-2017 at 04:06 PM.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Well I filled up a grocery bag off my parents deck so no rotting in a corner leafs. I’m gonna wash them with hot water to get any crud off then I should be good to flatten them and after they dry off freeze them I hope or can I totally dry them and keep them dry till in need them. And do you cover the whole tank or like 4 normal sized leafs?