· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - RiversGirl   Merry Christmas - SueD   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   

1 Not allowed!
    Thanks, I am hoping so too. Did you see how I spelled advice
    Two 5.5g- Shrimp tanks; 1st with 4 chilis, green endlers & Bloody Mary shrimp and 2nd with blue star endlers and Blue Dream shrimp
    Four-27 gallon tubs, 1st w/ BN plecos; 2nd w/ gouramis, rainbow fish, kuhli, dojos and female endlers; 3rd w/ albino corys, pepper cory, panda corys; 4th is 90% plants and one Diva-pea puffer.

75g-now the TUB tanks:
    5.5 G Shrimp Tanks
    &%-Goldfish Tank

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   So sorry, RIP Big Blue - Slaphppy7   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   You will win this battle against the nematodes. - RiversGirl   

1 Not allowed!
    Nope lol, I didn't even notice!
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

0 Not allowed!
    the parameters are good, amonia nirit nitrate are 0 ph 7.6 . I decided to use kanaplex today. from my experience it dosent demaging the filter bacteria that much and im anyways doing alot of water changes.

0 Not allowed!
    v=Now he is showing floating problems.. he is floating at the surface trying every few minutes to swim down,then floating up again. Do you know if this might be adverse effect of kanamycin?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   So sorry, RIP Big Blue - Slaphppy7   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   You will win this battle against the nematodes. - RiversGirl   

1 Not allowed!
    I really doubt it's due to the kanamycin, but I couldn't say for sure. One thing I noticed is that you have a 0ppm nitrate reading. Is this tank cycled? You should see a tiny amount of nitrate, even with daily WCs unless the tank is planted. Unfortunately meds will be useless until the water is 100% safe and tank is healthy and cycled. That is the absolute best you could do for this fish at this time. Have a look at the stickies on cycling in freshwater beginner if you're looking for a quick refresher.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Can''t give rep points, but great job on the diagnosis/treatment - Boundava   Sending you a geophagus to  tank you for your analytical powers! - discusluv   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SaveThemAll1 View Post
    v=Now he is showing floating problems.. he is floating at the surface trying every few minutes to swim down,then floating up again. Do you know if this might be adverse effect of kanamycin?
    considering the fish could have septicemia, more likely the swimming bladder issue is a result of a bacterial infection.

0 Not allowed!
    I think about adding Furanol from JBL, i read an article saying its working good with kanamycin. what do you think?
    and about the nitrate ,its not totally 0, but its less then 5...

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Can''t give rep points, but great job on the diagnosis/treatment - Boundava   Sending you a geophagus to  tank you for your analytical powers! - discusluv   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   

1 Not allowed!
    kanamycin is compatible since furanol is bascially nitrofurazone

I would also add epsom salt (pure magnesium sulfate, no other additives) at a rate of 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons. Dissolve in a cup with tank water prior to adding. This will reduce any swelling around the swimming bladder. Keep the epsom for 3 days.